( search forums )
New balance for public testing
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Chakra`
October 29, 2005, 7:52 pm

'k, as promised and mentioned in irc, I've taken the role of making the necessary changes towards the public balance .ini file this week. Don't worry, not doing it next week ...for the sake of fairness, someone different should do it each time to help ensure against biased manipulation.

http://llsc.us/members/Chakra/uploads/commod29.ini

The changes are as followed, as suggested by the majority of opinions in the new balance forum.

All the changes were made on top of the combi131.ini

Socom.
Reduced it's damage from 172 to 170 (big wow)

Increased speed of Spas shotgun from 140 to 145 ....yeah, no one mentioned it, but I figured i'd try it and see if anyone complained about it. Feel free to take it out next time we change over.

Ruger.
Damage from 242 to 245,
fireinterval from 35 to 36,
speed from 325 to 330 (1.3 standard)
Bink from 18 to 45. Yes, a tad extreme, but it took that much for me to notice an effect. The suggestions towards 'nerfing' the ruger, though concurred it needed nerfing, were vague in suggestion, so I pretty much kept it as 1.3 standard 2-3 shot kills, but with significant bink.

M79.
Reload time increased from 180 to 185 (5 people supported increasing reload, 4 said nay)
Bink increased to 45.
Startuptime of 15 (hardly noticable at all in game).

Barret.
Fireinterval from 240 to 245
Ammo from 10 to 5
startuptime of 30 (significant but I still find it useful)
and a whopping bink of 90. Seems to do the job.

Also made a minor change to the minigun, out of simple curiousity. I reduced it's selfbink from -10 to -1. Little bit more useful. Oh yeah, and law delay from 20 to 18. Forgot to test that myself but we'll get round to it.

So yeah. Lets have this slapped on the balance server(s) and see what the public think from there. Sorry if what I changed seemed a little extreme, but I did do testing with real people instead of bots. They seemed necessary. And like I said, to excuse any bias on my part, someone else can make the following changes to come after more suggestions flow in.

Cold Fusion, can you have your server set up for tomorrow? how about you FlieslikeaBrick?

Bugs Revenge
October 29, 2005, 9:24 pm
"Increased speed of Spas shotgun from 140 to 145 ....yeah, no one mentioned it, but I figured i'd try it and see if anyone complained about it. Feel free to take it out next time we change over."
are you kidding?!!?
It would be a way stronger this way and would get too long range, ppl said it should have LESS range :|

Socom.
Reduced it's damage from 172 to 170 (big wow)
ppl said it's fine....

M79..
You've increased the reload time and added startup time?!!?
come'on chakra!! most of the people were against the startup time! only MR.X and demonic were for it, so you did both reload and startup? that's just not fair ;
Barret, once again, startup time, MOST WERE AGAINST IT.

Man I'm sorry but I'm realy against those settings :It's not from the public oppionions but just from yours..

Chakra`
October 29, 2005, 9:34 pm
Bugs ... several people mentioned reducing the socom 'just a little'. I couldn't care either way on it myself.

Also, most were 'not' against the startup time for the m79. The majority, believe it or not, were for it. I read the entire thread and counted along for who thought what. Granted it was close, which is why the startup time, once you try it, is evidently insignificant.

Also ...when on earth did the shotgun become a problem? no one ever whines about it, its merely a really slow desert eagles with half the range. It can be changed back, and none of these settings are permenent. Need I remind you we're only 'testing' things?

...and finally, this is why we don't highlight the changes we've made to the public, and instead let them try it themselves. ;) . I played these settings for an hour with a bunch of random noobs joining my WM server just to give it a test under realer conditions. It seemed fine, but of course deserves somewhat more thorough testing.

Bugs Revenge
October 30, 2005, 2:29 am
MEH, whatever give it a chance

Kazuki
October 30, 2005, 3:56 am
I do agree with Bugs at an extent. I believed the Spas was strong enough already without the boosts you gave it. However, I'm willing to try it out anyway.

Also, I do believe that lowering the M79 that much is a bit on the extreme, but once more, there's no hurt in trying it while we have the time to do so.

Hercule Poirot
October 30, 2005, 11:53 am
Hoooorrrraay more power to ruger [CENSORED]s -.-

Chakra`
October 30, 2005, 2:55 pm
the power to the ruger is nothing. The changes made to power were because the speed and power was reduced in the combi, making the ruger more of a 3 hit weapon that a 2 hit weapon, which i'm fairly sure we agreed after testing during the 1.3 beta made it innefective. It's still a 2-3 hit weapon, plus it has exactly 250% more bink and a slightly longer fire interval.

Anyone else wanna whine before we even try it, or shall we do this for everyone that takes the turn for modding the balance per week? I thought we all learned to not be as skeptical as the public.

N1nj@
October 30, 2005, 2:57 pm
haha, public testing is going downstream?

DeMonIc
November 5, 2005, 3:44 pm
Maybe we should make the .ini public? The risk isn't so big, we're going down anyway, it can only improve the situation.

Bugs Revenge
November 5, 2005, 11:11 pm
Ok let's try it out, but we gotta release a new comb anyway,
I will work on one tomorow.

frogboy
November 5, 2005, 11:50 pm
How about instead of binking the Ruger, we self-bink it? It's worth a try...