( search forums )
[REQUEST] Registration system
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Developers Corner
Leo
November 4, 2005, 9:36 am
Hi there to the programmers. I want to make a full registration system for my servers. Meaning ONLY registered memebers will be able to play. This must not need any external applications to work. I have a server that supports PHP/MYSQL. So, here is how I think that can work:
Someone can go to a page and register his nickname with a password. When he joins the server the server checks his name/IP and let him play or kick him if the IP is not the same with the one that used when he got registered. Now, because there are people that have dynamic IP's the player should be able to go to that page and update his IP somewhow, using his password maybe ? Notice that the server that supports the system is NOT the same that runs the game. And no, I don't want to use the NR system. I know that this is not so easy work so I am willing to pay the one that can make this. If you think you're able to do something like that please contact me here or we could talk through MSN, my MSN e-mail is leo_gr_11@hotmail.com Thanks.

i am ahab
November 4, 2005, 11:05 am
didnt mar say to to pm him if you wanted such an app?

Leo
November 4, 2005, 11:46 am
This is not the same, I need full registration system.

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 1:48 pm
hehe, easy stuff. Im sure you dont want me doing it though.

Leo
November 4, 2005, 1:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by EnEsCehehe, easy stuff. Im sure you dont want me doing it though.

Not really, and I am sure you know it. Why reply ?

mar77a
November 4, 2005, 5:25 pm
Yeah, I could do it, but it would take time, since im really busy nowadays, but i really look foward to this.

KeFear
November 4, 2005, 6:45 pm
Well, it doesn't sound so hard. It's a pity i have no time.

Leo
November 4, 2005, 7:18 pm
I have no problem with time :) Please add me at your MSN list so we could talk.

mar77a
November 5, 2005, 4:23 am
Hmn, it's done.

Leo
November 5, 2005, 9:35 am
Many thanks for the good work. However I have a problem. Everything else works but I get timeouts when I try to run connect.php :
[code]
Warning: socket_connect() unable to connect [110]: Connection timed out in ...[/code]

Edit: Nevermind, it was from my host and it's solved. Excellent job, thanks again :)