( search forums )
Getting some more beta testers - Discuss here
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Chakra`
November 5, 2005, 1:47 am

Once again, s'up to me to open the portal of discussion towards getting anything done here ¬_¬. Where are you these days Amblin?

Lets get this out the way sharpish. Quite simply, suggest a few names you'd like included, and agree or disagree with others suggested candidates. The few left that are unanimously agreed upon we'll have Amblin give the rights to here.

My list:

The Geologist !
Taal ~~~
vash763 ~~~~
Vijchtidoodah !~
Zambino ~~~~~ <--f*ck no (heard about that u13 incident. Sorry guv, I don't keep track)
Rambo_6 !
Wormdundee
Extacide ~~~~~~
Zamorak ~~~~
Ok (hah!) ~~
xWolxShiver
Social Poison !
AerialAssault ~~~
i am ahab !

Poop !!~
IllSkills !
Boxo !
Rune !
Yukwunhang !
Noddy !
peemonkey !
Hiei !
Michal !
Anna !
Gameover ! (are you [CENSORED]ing nuts?)
s4r !

..that should get ya started.

! = yay
~ = nay

didn't add a '!' for those who said 'yeah i like that list 'cept etc..' ...so anyone without a ~ is pretty much okay.

Bugs Revenge
November 5, 2005, 2:40 am
Hmm, Denacke could be a good one but he's not active at all :and Ok.. well he should be in here in my oppinion.
Rambo 6 should be with here as well
All the others, I have never heared of them but "Poop" from the U.S seems to understand some things in weapon ballance, if he's active as well i'd recommand to recruit him to here too.

m00`
November 5, 2005, 2:58 am
i agree with your list chakra but who are zambino and zamorak

N1nj@
November 5, 2005, 3:02 am
I agree with your list other than Taal, vash763, Zamorak, Zambino and Extacide.

and yes Poop would be a nice addition

Cookie.
November 5, 2005, 3:19 am
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@I agree with your list other than Taal, vash763, Zamorak, Zambino and Extacide.
and yes Poop would be a nice addition

Ja, I agree with Spyder everyone but those 5

quote:Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowski
I have no problem with more beta testers or even public beta but it is hard to keep track of the bugs. Maybe you can give this beta to your friends/clanmates/mom/whatever and have them join the game, then you'll be responsible for collecting bug data from them?

Michal did say it was ok to give beta out anyways, you just have to get any bugs they find

m00`
November 5, 2005, 3:31 am
whats so bad about Taal

Chakra`
November 5, 2005, 3:59 am
As for Zambino and Zamorak, I merely suggested them because so far, they seem to post fairly constructively in the public balance forum, and frankly we need all the people we can get right now. Numbers as much as quality, you might say. Can't say I know anyone mentioned personally, but they seem like responsible mature and opinionated people.

Wassup with vash763 and Extacide too? :P

m00`
November 5, 2005, 4:12 am
extacide is a little whiner sometimes

n00bface
November 5, 2005, 4:58 am
I agree with N1nj@ but I don't mind Taal. Also add illskills.

FliesLikeABrick
November 5, 2005, 5:45 am
I say No to Taal and AerialAssault

Yes to Extacide and Rambo_6, and Poop

btw... i say F*CK NO to Zambino. he is an imbalanced little kid who has been banned from the U13 servers 3 times for various sh*t from impersonation, foul language, spamming, and being an all-around jackass.

I have opinions on everyone else, but these are the ones who stand out as definite YES and NO to me, please pay attention to them, especially Zambino

frogboy
November 5, 2005, 6:25 am
I say no to AerialAssault, Zamorak, Extacide and Zambino - I feel that AerialAssault cares more about his precious autos than weapon balance, and none of the other three has been here for more than about 8 months. And I find Extacide annoying.

I don't see any problems with the rest of them.

Outcast
November 5, 2005, 6:28 am
No extacide or aerialassault, no idea who zamorak or zambino are.
And god help us with Ok.

DeMonIc
November 5, 2005, 10:00 am
..wasn't Denacke already a beta tester? I remember him sitting in the beta channel.

Ok is risky.. I mean, just look at his arguments. We'd be upside down in no time.

Extacide.. you can't be serious, he's like everything Cbble was only replace Barret love with Barret hate. Zamorak, Taal and Zambino are under the shadows of the unknown - further investigation required.
Vij, Geo, SP and ahab are definate 'Yes' from me.

AA -> what FrogboY said. Autos autos autos!

Poop: Well, if we want another Bugs|TgW| (with better English) than yes. I think you'll know what I mean ;p [No offense Bugs!]

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Boxo! Boxo is trustworthy, cool-headed, loveable, hugable... Boxo for beta testing!

Hercule Poirot
November 5, 2005, 10:01 am
Maybe add Enik (and Mandlc) x)

About your list i have no idea who these ppl are: Taal, vash763, Zambino, Extacide, Zamorak & i am ahab

And i see Vijchtidoodah only as post hunter :P others are fine to me

m00`
November 5, 2005, 12:41 pm
lets add the rest of the soldat community while we're at it!

honestly, wouldnt it be better if the soldat beta was distributed on the forum and this board was open

MisterX
November 5, 2005, 1:00 pm
No it wouldn't. If you just look how a great amount of the public players play ("OMG M79 is useful, I use it!" - "Me too!" - "Lol yea I pwn with it!" = anyone uses it because it pwnz0rs), or what their arguments are like in weapon disucssions, I definitely don't want them to be involved.
About your list: Many of those I don't know. But Denacke for example would be no problem at all, for sure. But about Ok.. After having read his thread Demonics didn't even want to approve but in the end did, I don't really want him to be in here. And Poop.. he doesn't seem to be a stupid guy, but I find many of his arguments rather unlogical, senseless. But that's only my single opinion, and we wouldn't need beta testing if we all were of the same opinion. But I'm really not sure about him..

KnOt
November 5, 2005, 2:21 pm
I think Rune would make a good tester :I He often pm's me first calling me [CENSORED], but then wanting to talk about beta testing and the weapon balance and to suggest his ideas :l .. Just cos he doesn't post on these forums a lot doesn't mean he wouldn't make a good beta tester.

You need more people like him.. That see soldat from another perspective.

N1nj@
November 5, 2005, 2:25 pm
well, those ain't gonna be enough :S

So here is my little list:
yukwunhang
Noddy
peemonkey (?)
Hiei
Michal
Anna
GAMEOVER
s4r

Deleted User
November 5, 2005, 2:28 pm
Poop, vash763, AerialAssault and Extacide are real arsebandits, please don't add them.

Denacke
November 5, 2005, 4:35 pm
Yes I'm already in the testing team. Very odd you don't remember that :(

Hell I even got you on this team MrX!!! Damn you.

Does fragbait participate in soldatforums?

Edit:

Perhaps we should make a new list of the current testers..

Edit 2:

I'm flattered you mentioned me first though Bugs <3

b00stA
November 5, 2005, 5:18 pm
Yay:
Social Poison
The Geologist
Vijchtidoodah
Rambo 6

I either don't have a real opinion about others or think they're not appropiate.

Perhaps we should make a new list of the current testers..
Feel free to make a topic asking who's still active.

grand_diablo
November 5, 2005, 5:24 pm
My thougts (add to the main list then cut or delete it)

The Geologist - YES
Taal - NO
vash763 - NO
Vijchtidoodah - YES
Zambino - NO
Rambo_6 - YES
Wormdundee - YES
Extacide - NO
Zamorak - NO
Ok (hah!) - NEUTRAL
xWolxShiver - NO
Social Poison - YES
AerialAssault - NO
i am ahab - YES

Poop - YES
IllSkills - YES
Boxo - YES
Rune - YES
Yukwunhang - YES
Noddy - YES
peemonkey - YES
Hiei - YES
Michal - YES
Anna - YES
Gameover - NO (hes doing a lot of spamming in the mapping forums sometimes)
s4r - YES

DeMonIc
November 5, 2005, 6:23 pm
Ohyah, Rune, add rune. Also Avskum or Suomip would be nice.

Psyl3ntShad0w
November 5, 2005, 7:16 pm
i thought avskum quit soldat? merp.

i agree with most of the statments already stated lol.

LazehBoi
November 5, 2005, 8:32 pm
Nay to Poop, GAMEOVER and Extacide. Yay to Geo, Vijchtidoodah, Boxo, yukwunhang, Noddy, Michal, Anna and Social Poison.
I wouldn't mind Ok, either. At least he'd make this forum active :p

Bugs Revenge
November 5, 2005, 11:22 pm
No I don't think Rune fits, not mandlc :and Den, that's coz I like you the most <3 <3

frogboy
November 6, 2005, 12:15 am
As for the new additions:
quote:Poop - nay
IllSkills - nay
Boxo - yay
Noddy - yay
peemonkey - yay
Gameover - definite nay

Left out the ones that I don't really have a yay or nay for.

m00`
November 6, 2005, 12:22 am
here is my list:
reckon

please add him, hes nice and he is pretty smart when it comes to things like this keke

FliesLikeABrick
November 6, 2005, 4:53 am
elephant hunter would make a great addition. he isn't active too often now, but I know that he would probably be more active for the beta testing, and he has a lot to contribute... as well as a sharp eye for flaws, improvements, and other good stuff.

As I said in chakra's public beta thread, i think a bigger beta team would be better than full-blown public beta.

Chakra`
November 6, 2005, 5:08 am
As i've said here and there, we're kinda working towards 'both' a public beta testing 'and' more beta testers until most people (us and the public) are most sure of which way would be best. Michal approves of public beta testing, being the adventurous spirit that he is, but that still doesn't make it either right or wrong.

None the less, the general opinion seems to be swaying working towards re-establishing the beta team and having us iron out all the bugs, so it looks, though a little prematurely, that this'll be the way to go. As for the balance coming back to our control, we'll just have to see.

Meanwhile: suggest and approve more names!

(and just to be all contraversial and [CENSORED], i suggest: EnEsCe )

N1nj@
November 6, 2005, 5:38 am
yay to elephant hunter
nay to enesce

DeMonIc
November 6, 2005, 8:47 am
More on the IRC community side:

DragonSlayer [nice fin guy, gather op and trustworthy]
Ouchek [French national team member, long time EF member.]

frogboy
November 6, 2005, 10:23 am
Ouchek? You have to be kidding.

DeMonIc
November 6, 2005, 10:40 am
No. He's a real nice guy once you get to know him, I also thought he was a moron before I really started talking to him. Keep in mind that guys like Ouchek run the real clanworld, therefore their opinion matters too, and we need representatives like him. His biggest flaw is being french, but that's not going to cause a lot of trouble.

EDIT 2#: I don't know reckon much, but Elephant Hunter could be nice on the cool-headed Soldat Pansioners side.

b00stA
November 6, 2005, 6:52 pm
I don't know people like Ouchek. I just don't want people rushing in here, thinking they know everything about Soldat.

N1nj@
November 6, 2005, 7:13 pm
Okay, here is my attempt for the new list of beta testers:

Total # of testers: 60
Michal Marcinkowski
DNA.styx
b00stA
Ta-2
Meandor
Tha Doggfather
Kazuki
grand_diablo
n00bface
Stalky
DeMonIc
frogboy
Chakra`
Sekushi
Lazehboi
Lapis_Lazuli
m00`
Hercule Poirot
Denacke
KnOt
N1nj@
Cold Fusion
MisterX
Urhos
BManx2000
Cookie.
SERIAL KILLeR
Outcast
Psl3ntShad0w
Hektik Sniper
-RaveN`tP-
FliesLikeABrick
Bugs Revenge
Ville Mk.2
JazzyJoe
Alamo
Snowden
arC
Soap
Hitman
-------------
The Geologist
Vijchtidoodah
Rambo_6
Wormdundee
xWolxShiver
Social Poison
Boxo
Yukwunhang
Noddy
Michal
Anna
s4r
elephant hunter
papasurf31
DragonSlayer
Spectral
Reckon
Avksum
Suomip

People that were removed from the original team are: CbbLe, Kamikaze_Ninja, Superkill, and enjoyincubus. If one of you three is still alive, then post and say you are still active.

And also, feel free to remove or suggest more people.

November 6, 2005, 7:25 pm
Ok, no.
It might be an idea to hunt down Eddy, I think he plays in public DMs from time to time.

Bugs Revenge
November 7, 2005, 12:52 am
Hmm, Rune - NO.
(he's just.. dunno, not fits here :| )

What's about Spectral btw?

Psyl3ntShad0w
November 7, 2005, 2:16 am
spectral is cool...hes been playing for a long time...only thing that worries me is that now with school i dont know how much time he can actually dedicate to testing or playing soldat for that matter...much like myself unfortunately.

N1nj@
November 7, 2005, 3:13 am
ahh spectral, how could I forget about him =(

Added.

m00`
November 7, 2005, 4:45 am
i still think reckon would be a great addition

LazehBoi
November 7, 2005, 5:18 am
I don't ever see arC... Who's he again?

frogboy
November 7, 2005, 6:21 am
quote:Originally posted by LazehBoiI don't ever see arC... Who's he again?
That Australian guy who was/is(?) in dA|.

n00bface
November 7, 2005, 8:35 am
Copied GD's list and changed the answers, also added a few more names..

The Geologist - yes (definitely)
Taal - yes
vash763 - no
Vijchtidoodah - yes
Zambino - no
Rambo_6 - yes
Wormdundee - yes
Extacide - no
Zamorak - no
Ok (hah!) - yes
xWolxShiver - yes
Social Poison - yes
AerialAssault - yes
i am ahab - yes

Poop - no
IllSkills - yes
Boxo - yes
Rune - yes (but he's a fraud :o)
Yukwunhang - yes
Noddy - yes
peemonkey - no (doesn't play soldat)
Hiei - no
Michal - yes
Anna - yes
Gameover - no
s4r - yes i suppose (stuck on this one, he'd be a good tester but i think he'd end up leaking it to a lot of the NAs)

some additions from above:

reckon - yes
spectral - yes (he's on a very bad uni connection now though, so he might not be able to play online a lot)
ouchek - yes
dragonslayer - yes
avksum - yes
suomip - yes
mandlc - no

m00`
November 7, 2005, 9:51 am
see, reckon kicks ass :D choose him ^__^

grand_diablo
November 7, 2005, 11:12 pm
I suggest taking Nukem into the betateam. Hes a nice guy and really interested in taking part.

N1nj@
November 7, 2005, 11:29 pm
Total # of testers: 65
Michal Marcinkowski
DNA.styx
b00stA
Ta-2
Meandor
Tha Doggfather
Kazuki
grand_diablo
n00bface
Stalky
DeMonIc
frogboy
Chakra`
Sekushi
Lazehboi
Lapis_Lazuli
m00`
Hercule Poirot
Denacke
KnOt
N1nj@
Cold Fusion
MisterX
Urhos
BManx2000
Cookie.
SERIAL KILLeR
Outcast
Psl3ntShad0w
Hektik Sniper
-RaveN`tP-
FliesLikeABrick
Bugs Revenge
Ville Mk.2
JazzyJoe
Alamo
Snowden
arC
Soap
Hitman
-------------
The Geologist
Vijchtidoodah
Rambo_6
Wormdundee
xWolxShiver
Social Poison
Boxo
Yukwunhang
Noddy
Michal
Anna
s4r
elephant hunter
papasurf31
DragonSlayer
Spectral
Reckon
Avksum
Suomip
Nukem
jap_man
Taxi
maka
DePhille
illskills

LazehBoi
November 8, 2005, 3:49 am
Oh yeah, I suggest jap_man and Taal. The more aussie players here, the better. Currently there's only frogboy, m00` and myself and m00` doesn't come to the beta channel.

frogboy
November 8, 2005, 4:15 am
quote:Originally posted by LazehBoim00` doesn't come to the beta channel.
Or play Soldat - isn't he really more interested in Maple Story?

m00`
November 8, 2005, 5:53 am
i play soldat sometimes, im not playing maple story anymore, im too busy with my schoolwork, i also get on irc sometimes :p

Denacke
November 9, 2005, 3:22 pm
After recent multiclanning events concerning Ouchek/Oneil and his friend Sneaky/Brad/Duplicator, I highly doubt Ouchek is a trustable person.

I would also like to suggest:
- Taxi, an expirienced Portuguese, TNL & gather admin.
- Maka, veteran Dutchman, SCTFL admin.

I'll have to think about some more names later on.

b00stA
November 9, 2005, 5:52 pm
Michal wants to do a slaughter this saturday, so it'd be good if there'd be a finished list (for now).

Please have a look at Spyder's newest list (above) and either approve it or say when someone really shouldn't be in it.
This is not final, we can add people later on too.

MisterX
November 10, 2005, 1:58 pm
I know that's not exactly a post as proposed since I can't comment on any player, because I don't know all of them. But as for Poop and Ok, it seems they aren't as bad as I thought. Perhaps they even changed. But it's obvious that both are very concerned about the future of Soldats balance, and their recent comments really seem to be thought-about. And especially their activity would be one of the great pros I guess.
But still, I'm not totally sure about this now. Perhaps you know them better, perhaps you know better if they should be in or not.

Bugs Revenge
November 11, 2005, 2:20 am
What's about adding "DePhille" to the beta testers? I realy don't know him personaly but from his posts on the forums he seems to be very mature, eager about soldat and want to help ^_^

about Ok and Poop, yeah they'r active as well and I think they could help us on those testings :)

as for Spyder's list, well the ones I know there are fits, about the others I have no idea who are they, I ain't visiting those forums much.

Anna
November 12, 2005, 3:21 pm
I suggest that cooz be made a beta tester :)

Kazuki
November 12, 2005, 10:52 pm
Hah, you love-flamingos.

I really don't object to more additions, as long as those additions act responsibly. If they don't, then we have problems.

N1nj@
November 12, 2005, 11:41 pm
I say no to cooz.

papasurf31
November 13, 2005, 3:02 am
I say no to cooz. He's a great guy and all, but he's hard to understand and hot-headed. Plus he'll probably spend more time hitting on Anna than being of any real help.

And just for the hell of it, camping carl.

EDIT I think Cog Rouge shold be a beta tester, he has already found some bugs that I don't think anyone else has noticed, and he seems like a nice guy. He is willing to help MM, and I think he'd be a good addition here.

Cookie.
November 19, 2005, 4:29 am
Camping Carl is banned from the forums >.<
As well he is in military training xD

Social Poison
November 19, 2005, 5:12 am
CC? Banned from the forums? Say it isn't so!

Bugs Revenge
December 15, 2005, 8:18 pm
*Bump*
Well, maybe for the next beta but what's about adding "DePhille"
he seems to be smart person and mature, besides I think he could help us a lot here.