( search forums )
Weapons
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
frogboy
November 5, 2005, 3:37 am
Many of us have different opinions on the current weapon balance, as demonstrated in this forum and the new Weapons Balance forum. As it's close to impossible for everyone to decide on a balance, wouldn't it be best to distribute Soldat with a number of weapons.inis, including ones from previous versions?

For example, quite a few people like the 1.1.5 balance, some people hate bink... if several weapons mods were provided with Soldat, then most people would be happy. I think the main point with the whining is that most people are too lazy to create their own weapons mods and hope someone else does it instead.

DeMonIc
November 5, 2005, 10:02 am
It'd be a good idea yes, but only if (versionWM) would appear instead of just (WM) in the lobby. Other than that, I fear that it would scatter the server and public community even more, and our prophecies about the Weapon Mods will come true.

Meandor
November 5, 2005, 1:58 pm
I have said it on another thread, but this one made me think of it again. What about making it harder to modify WMs - I'm not talking about changing the way it works, but about things such as removing it from the manual - and adding a drop down list in the menu (options?) with a few standard WM's. The main issues people have are bink and instagib weapons. So as a starter a WM without bink/self-bink and one with increased reload/fireinterval/bink for instagib weapons.

Bugs Revenge
November 5, 2005, 11:13 pm
Mehhh, I'm against all those "WMs" in the lobby, almost everyserver is a newbi one with 1000000 shots for barret that could shot like a laser and those kind of stuff, can hardly find normal server so I play ONLY gathers + cws.