( search forums )
No boostability when carrying the flag
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
MisterX
November 5, 2005, 9:32 pm
So I believe (/hope?) many agreed that boosting is a problem. At least it's a problem (for me?) when a flagcarrier is boosting away with M79 or grenades. In my opinion it's just an unfair advantage, plus it mostly grants you a cap, although your enemies would've easily killed you usually. But most of us agreed that we can't just remove boosting, it's still a fun part of the game, and you can mostly deal with usual boosters anyway.
So what if you just couldn't boost yourself with grenades or the M79 while carrying the flag?
I think this would remove a totally unfunny, unfair part of the game nobody really needs.
Opinions? (I'm writing this in the beta forums, because in the public forums people would only go like "OMG NOES WTF IT RUINS MY WHOLE LIFE, ILL DIE NO BOOST NERF!" without even thinking for a single second anyway)

Bugs Revenge
November 5, 2005, 11:46 pm
No no, look if u remove boost for "flaggers" you'd better remove it from everyone, but I think we gotta make it harder to boost, a way harder.
maybe boosting would cost more dmg for the playes? :P

grand_diablo
November 6, 2005, 12:20 am
I agree on making it harder, no need for a flagger-only solution or total removal.

Umh, wasnt there a speed limit for the players sometime back? Maybe such an option could be customizable in the server settings, it might be an alternate solution. Values like

Speedlimit=0/1 ~ defines whether there is a speed limit or not
Max_Speed=X ~ if Speedlimit=1 this value sets the max speed possible.

this would also allow some new kind of server mods (slo-mo soldat anyone? :P )

Cookie.
November 6, 2005, 2:25 am
quote:Originally posted by grand_diabloI agree on making it harder, no need for a flagger-only solution or total removal.

Umh, wasnt there a speed limit for the players sometime back? Maybe such an option could be customizable in the server settings, it might be an alternate solution. Values like

Speedlimit=0/1 ~ defines whether there is a speed limit or not
Max_Speed=X ~ if Speedlimit=1 this value sets the max speed possible.

this would also allow some new kind of server mods (slo-mo soldat anyone? :P )

Keke I like this idea very much :D

Michal Marcinkowski
November 6, 2005, 1:21 pm
I don't know. You wouldn't be able to escape through different routes like on the top of ctf_Voland. I need more oppinions on this.

MisterX
November 6, 2005, 1:33 pm
Oh, that's not right :) You don't need to boost in any way to get to the roof from your spawn point. You just need a full jet. But with boosting all you need is.. well, not really anything, still your enemies can't get you anymore. Not fair if you ask me.

Btw, don't forget to look at the The Knife - Michal, can you make this change? thread :)