( search forums )
Public or not?
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
b00stA
November 6, 2005, 7:21 pm
There seem to be 3 possibilities:

Release to the public (i.e. here on the forums) and create a new public forum for it
Let the public test like written above, let us test alone and then compare the results
Add more beta testers

If you have more ideas, please post them.

I'm for adding more beta testers, however I can't really tell who to add, but Spyder and everybody else seems to be working on this.

A completely public beta seems like a total mess to me, but if you want to try it, go for it.

N1nj@
November 6, 2005, 7:26 pm
For adding more beta testers.

November 6, 2005, 7:27 pm
More testers.
Or, release the beta very soon and to hell with the weapon balance.

MisterX
November 6, 2005, 7:30 pm
I don't think the beta testing should go public. But I also don't think we necessarily need more testers. We only need to be more active. I mean, how many are we here, 30, 40? Can't be that nobody can do anything. I know this sounds a little stupid now since I'm not the most active person here myself (which I hope I'll change very soon). It's just that the activity has to change in general. We just need to get the stuff started, all of us. (Although those few words by me won't help anything, I know.)

Chakra`
November 6, 2005, 7:33 pm
A completely public beta would operate in much the same fashion as the public balance, which so far, other than some enthusiasm, is going better than expected. Under strict moderation, the crap can be removed from those few with valid opinions.

More beta testers is technically safer as it's under more controlled discussion, and is generally more focused. But, a little risky (although obviously less than the alternative) seeing as we're bringing wet-ears into a place that for the most part has been relatively mature and conservative. 'Least thats my attempt at a understanding point of view.

Naturally i'm game for both, and on a footnote: the public is swaying towards keeping the bugs in the beta testers department, the public having an understanding of it's own inabilities like a man with erection problems and prone to violent outbursts.

And it's vouching for opinions and rallying support with threads like this that the beta testing team needs to help progress things. Nice one b00sta.

b00stA
November 6, 2005, 7:37 pm
Thanks.

I'm wondering what would happen in a public beta. In the end it's all about presenting the bugs we found with useful and interesting information, in a way that help Michal fix bugs.
Everybody knows how people tend not to read anything before posting.
Topics like Kazuki created/creates are needed and I'm not sure if it'll work in a public beta.

FliesLikeABrick
November 6, 2005, 8:31 pm
add more beta testers.

at least 95% of the forum population was against public beta, i don't think it would be a good idea to go ahead with it if nobody wants it

grand_diablo
November 6, 2005, 9:25 pm
Im for the last two solutions. Getting more beta testers as well as comparing the public's and betateam's opinion are a good idea.

Cookie.
November 6, 2005, 9:29 pm
More beta testers would be good

Deleted User
November 6, 2005, 10:16 pm
More testers. Don't make it public.

Bugs Revenge
November 7, 2005, 12:49 am
Add more beta testers..

Hercule Poirot
November 7, 2005, 10:46 am
Just invite those guys that are already ok in that other topic...

Controlling all the game bugs/weapon issues in around 50ppl beta team should be more easy than handeling public beta with few hundreds ppl posting bug/ideas = chaos well at least that is what i'm thinking.

m00`
November 7, 2005, 10:47 am
more testers (add reckon)