( search forums )
NEW GAME MODES, my ideas
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Developers Corner
Close Combat
November 11, 2005, 11:15 pm
In the update u should have a race mode. where everyone gets miniguns and must MINI-surf their way through levels while killing opponets sending them back to start. the first 1 to the area of the finish line wins.
Preety simplistic but the most simple things in life are the most FUN!

I
I
I ETRIS

Close Combat
November 11, 2005, 11:20 pm
ANOTHER GAME MODE IS MANHUNT

in this mode a player is randomly selected as "it" and must hide for 120 seconds without being killed. if they can do this they gain points. the longer they stay hidden the more points are given out. the round is over when he is found and killed or if he completes it.

after 5 rounds the map is changed and HUNTERS get points for making the kill. The HUnters points are equvilent to the 120 second point reward.

I know you like my ideas MARK!

Deleted User
November 11, 2005, 11:25 pm
Who?

Manhunt is an okay idea I guess, but probably not worth implementing. Rambomatch is Soldat's 1 v all solution.

And why is this in this forum anyway?

Close Combat
November 11, 2005, 11:35 pm
I dont know but i think the RACE is a better idea. it will be fun mini surfing with unlimated ammo
just srufing through the skys while throwing knives.

MY DREAM WILL BE A REALITY!

Chonoryoku
November 11, 2005, 11:48 pm
I think there are already race maps. I think I saw some in the maps section somewhere. Theey're pretty darn fun to play with friends.

And as Officer Bulbock said, Rambomatch is our 1 v everyone gamemode.

Havok
December 18, 2005, 3:33 pm
It's hard to make race a.k.a surf maps on 2d when im done with soldat 3d ill put some race maps on than it's better u know.

KeFear
December 18, 2005, 4:59 pm
you can make a race map described above. Just make a ctf map and put both flags to the end and use some WM settings for your minigun (or even use the same settings for all weapons as for the minigun, so you don't have to disable them)

The possibilities are so darn wide already!

Havok: Soldat 3D? :O

Deleted User
January 8, 2006, 7:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by HavokIt's hard to make race a.k.a surf maps on 2d when im done with soldat 3d ill put some race maps on than it's better u know.
If you're suggesting a "Soldat 3d"...it will never happen, and I'm glad it won't because that would kill all of the fun in the game :\ .

Oh my god.
This is, without a doubt the most retarded topic I have ever had the misfortune to read...
I swear the next idiot that comes on here rambling about new game modes and things that you can already do i will go crazy!

Echo_Trail
January 8, 2006, 8:51 pm
regardless of how fun this could be, i don't think this is what soldat should have implemented. This is not what we need, and these are no main problems in soldat. We should focus on the grand issues before this. Don't get me wrong, i think all sorts of fun things should be put in, but right now there's enough problems to attend to. i mean, connection flaws when entering games, the weapon balance(though ppl are getting more and more used to it). There's issues on what is "accepted" players in between, and lag(as a topic) takes quite some space as well.
As said before, sollutions for this should be made before we can take the gameplay any further. well, that's how I see it anyway..

Miglot Af eraon
January 10, 2006, 9:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by Close CombatANOTHER GAME MODE IS MANHUNT

in this mode a player is randomly selected as "it" and must hide for 120 seconds without being killed. if they can do this they gain points. the longer they stay hidden the more points are given out. the round is over when he is found and killed or if he completes it.

after 5 rounds the map is changed and HUNTERS get points for making the kill. The HUnters points are equvilent to the 120 second point reward.

I know you like my ideas MARK!

If you mean that only one player is hunted it is a good idea but if every one hunt and hide it sucks and it is to long to hide in "minutes withoute beng killed and if ju play wit bots they will only shoot on every one ad they wont hide.