( search forums )
Ok then, some bugs that I've just noticed.
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Bugs Revenge
November 12, 2005, 6:22 pm
*First of all, this is a common bug that happeneds in Clan Wars \ Gathers \ Publics whatever..
You just see someone getting Disconnected and reconnecting, DC and Reconnecting, most of the time all the players could see it but sometimes it happeneds only to the high pingers (100+ ping)
I just see this player warping and it happends for no reason :X a way to solve it is just to reconnect to the server.
It happened today as well. It seems to be only when more than 5 players are connected.

*Oki, second bug.. : Wrong map version : (lag of changing maps)
Well, again, once there are more than 100 ping the server doesn't always send ur computer a notice that the map was changed. oO
The player is getting a massage of "wrong map version" and trying to reconnect.. then it just downloading the MAP THAT HAS JUST BEEN PLAYED(downloading the new map files on the name of the old map's files) and not the new map. It happened to me actualy every map you've changed today.. so when we played B2b and the map was changed to Maya2 I've got another map Maya2 in the name of B2b so when I opened a new server of my own and tried to run B2b it just ran MAYA2.

*another bug that was reported already is the problem with the spas.
You'r just getting selfkills with spas when shotting the Machinegun \ flying up and throw the nades down.

*another thing is that I got 60-80 FPS today with 16 players instead of the constantly 100 FPS.

and yeah, next time to be more effective we should get another beta server and split it into 2 "cw" stayles while it would be 4vs4 \ 5vs5 max.

LazehBoi
November 12, 2005, 11:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by Bugs Revenge*Oki, second bug.. : Wrong map version : (lag of changing maps)
Well, again, once there are more than 100 ping the server doesn't always send ur computer a notice that the map was changed. oO
The player is getting a massage of "wrong map version" and trying to reconnect.. then it just downloading the MAP THAT HAS JUST BEEN PLAYED(downloading the new map files on the name of the old map's files) and not the new map. It happened to me actualy every map you've changed today.. so when we played B2b and the map was changed to Maya2 I've got another map Maya2 in the name of B2b so when I opened a new server of my own and tried to run B2b it just ran MAYA2.
That's really strange... I haven't gotten that bug at all and I play with over 100 ping a lot.

quote:*another thing is that I got 60-80 FPS today with 16 players instead of the constantly 100 FPS.
Do you use Xfire? I've noticed that my FPS drops when I have it running.

grand_diablo
November 12, 2005, 11:58 pm
i know the mapchange lag, but the "map redownload" doesnt replace the former my when it happens to me

Bugs Revenge
November 13, 2005, 4:30 am
Maybe coz there were too much people gd..
and about Xfire, no there was no program running other than my norton internet security.