( search forums )
2 (1?) Barret Bug(s)
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
N1nj@
November 16, 2005, 11:28 pm
1. When FF is on, and you are holding a barret. If you shoot at a colldier or simply hitting a polygon that is very close to you, and one of your teammate happen to be standing behind you, he/she dies for some reason =/

Demo: <coming soon>

2. When you are crouching in front of a collider and the soldier put the barret over his head, you are unable to zoom.

Bugs Revenge
November 17, 2005, 1:15 am
about the first bug, it doesn't realy matter about friendly fire or not, it's just killing the one behind you because of the recochet.. in my oppinion the bullet should be disapeared in this case.
and about 2, it's kinda realistic you can't zoom coz u just can't see it (in realistic ^_^ )

Dark_Noddy
November 17, 2005, 8:38 pm
Concerning the no 1 it has nothing to do with the barret nor has t anything to do with richochet, its a matter of speed. The higher the speed, the longer behind U the bullet "spawns" The reason it seems to happen only when U are aiming at the poly is due to the angle it seems, when doing like a 45-60 deg angle below the ___ the bullet spawns in the right hight to hit the person, somewhere around 350 or so I think (speed) U can hit behind U at theese angle (very up tight, at the spot like 1 pxl away from "auto-slap") If U juice the speed up to around 50K U can do this from like _ while shooting straight..

thats my theory anyways ;)

For the no 2 I think this should stay (even if it IS a bug) its a nice touch :)

Michal Marcinkowski
November 18, 2005, 7:58 pm
1. I'll check it.
2. It's there for purpose, hiding behind a collider and camping would be very useful...

N1nj@
November 27, 2005, 11:13 pm
So MM, were you able to reproduce the same thing (#1)?

and about #2, i don't quite understand what you are trying to say? Are you saying there is suppose to be no zoom when hiding behind a collider or there is suppose to a zoom?

Michal Marcinkowski
November 28, 2005, 4:51 pm
1. No, I did't fix it.
2. No zoom when you lift the weapon above your head.