( search forums )
Bug, lag or cheat?
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
DragonSlayer
November 21, 2005, 4:29 pm
Alright, long story short. We were playing a clan war with CF and we encountered this... "weird" thing. I got two .avi files and the demo.

http://www.avalanchestudios.net/ds/soldat/movies/ede/cf_ede1.avi
http://www.avalanchestudios.net/ds/soldat/movies/ede/cf_ede2.avi

http://www.avalanchestudios.net/ds/soldat/movies/ede/ae_vs_cf_ede.sdm

As we can see, everytime you get close to him, he started to jump higher so it was IMPOSSIBLE to hit. Just impossible. If you were shooting him and the bullet should've hit, he dodged it the same way. I didn't catch me shooting him with steyr in the avi files, but if you check the demo, you can see well what happens at early moments and then around 2-3 mins or so. By the way, Ede says it was a "nade boost" in the first movie but it definitely wasn't. In the second movie when he killed me and got the flag, he didn't even touch the ground but just flew like crazy using that... thing.

Now, we kind of think this is a cheat. I have never heard of a bug like this before. But I'd like MM to watch these and confirm. Because if anyone knows, I'm sure he does. I don't want to accuse him or the clan of cheating without being sure about it.

As for it being lag, I have never seen lag like this before. And I don't see how lag could make him go higher than it is normally possible, or move like that in any case. Gt_Master (leader of CF) was saying he was warezing, but as you can see, his ping was very low, around 33-50 (same ping as others, and the server was selfkill). Even I have played with warez on and played with people warezing, and nothing like this has happened, ever.

So anyway, please watch this people and tell me, is this a bug or a cheat? Is anyone aware of a cheat like this or have you encountered a bug like this? And could it possibly be lag? Opinions? I find this pretty ironic because this is the same clan which was accusing other clan for "warp" cheating not long ago and spammed it. :(

MisterX
November 21, 2005, 6:53 pm
Looks pretty much like a cheat to me. After the first time it happened he said it was a nade boost, would be understandable. But the second time, after having flown just normally, he suddenly "jumped" like that again - couldn't have been a nade boost. But he also couldn't have done it by just jetting up. So even with lag, I'm sure he would just warp to where he usually could go to, but not higher than possible. So I say: cheat.

[Edit]
Especially when he returns the flag in the second movie, this usually wouldn't be possible I'm very sure.

[Edit²]
I guess it'd be pretty obvious if you just watched the demo. ede says he nade boosted after the first time he did it. So let's see if there really was a boost. If he didn't, why should he lie?

[Edit³]
Last edit now :P No, he didn't boost in any way. Actually he flew some time with jet and didn't even stop a second to recover the jet, he just went on and then suddenly "boosted" high above you. But also it seems he lagged all the time, even with a low ping. Who knows, perhaps that's just another cheat to make you be invulnerable to 1-hit-killers...

DragonSlayer
November 21, 2005, 7:34 pm
You couldn't kill him with auto either. Everytime bullet was about to hit him, he just warped above them, making it pretty much impossible to hit. When you tried to shoot higher, there was no warp. The only way you could kill him without that weird thing was being above him, and even then it was harder than normally.

Bugs Revenge
November 21, 2005, 10:45 pm
It seems to me like cheating, I know what lag is but... It doesn't seems like one.
On a lag he would've just warped, and that's even for once, he didn't warped, he boosted in some strange way.
the first one could be nade jump, yeah with a lag, but about the other jumps? there were about 4! just strange :and I've never heared about a boosting cheat.. and it wasn't his weapon boosting him as well.. WTF?!

reckon
November 22, 2005, 1:40 am
Obviously its a hack of sort, similar to the vast amounts of people who warp.
It couldnt be lag due to the fact, if he stated was true, the pings were all running low.

Psyl3ntShad0w
November 22, 2005, 2:14 am
wtf? that is some weird stuff...seems like a hack because i've never seen anything like it before. the flag return is nearly impossible. theres no way you can get that high with such little amount of fuel on b2b...unless you nade boost...even then it would be a quick boost instead of his slow jetting motion. perhaps its a toned down version of the warp hack?

Michal Marcinkowski
November 26, 2005, 4:02 pm
Looks like cheating to me. It could be the jump animation cheat that I fixed, but it seems he found another way to use it.