( search forums )
Realistic Mode Doesn't Affect Barret
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
N1nj@
November 25, 2005, 12:24 am
When you shoot with the barret, your cursor stands at where u aimed and doesn't jerk upwards like when u use autos/semi-auots.

Bugs Revenge
November 25, 2005, 3:51 am
It should be this way, in realistic mod the barret is realy weak and slow so just give it its adventages.

N1nj@
November 25, 2005, 1:11 pm
i still kill in one shot with the barret tho in realistic...

LazehBoi
November 25, 2005, 2:07 pm
The length of time between each bullet makes recoil for the gun kind of useless. Don't fix it if it isn't broken.

Boxo
November 25, 2005, 4:00 pm
It's always been like that. Barret recoil would be pointless..

reckon
November 25, 2005, 6:16 pm
No, its not pointless, its unrealistic.
There would be obvious kickback and recoil if you were to shoot a standard barret in real life, so the adjustments are necessary.

N1nj@
November 25, 2005, 9:46 pm
what reckon said ^_^

Michal
November 25, 2005, 9:53 pm
Yes, I think the barrett needs recoil.

Also, WM really needs a value for the recoil in realistic...
Right now I'm pretty sure it's all pre defined and it isn't good for certain weapon settings.

Like, for example I modded an M16 for the ruger, it's fine in normal, but in realistic the recoil is crazy since it's pre defined for the slower ROF ruger.

Oh yeah, and I think it should be made possible for weapons other than autos to be able to self bink.

frogboy
November 25, 2005, 11:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by MichalOh yeah, and I think it should be made possible for weapons other than autos to be able to self bink.
I'm pretty sure it's possible to do so at the moment. You can bink autos, and self-bink non-autos.

Dark_Noddy
November 26, 2005, 2:48 pm
In realistic Barret should have a HUGE kickback, like from _ to \ Its called "realistic" and it IS a barret..

papasurf31
November 28, 2005, 12:54 am
quote:Originally posted by frogboyI'm pretty sure it's possible to do so at the moment. You can bink autos, and self-bink non-autos.

No, Michal means that semi-autos should be able to self-bink, meaning that if you fire them rapidly, you'll get less and less accurate. Currently, because of the way self-bink works (only after the 3rd shot *LAME*) semi-autos are completely unaffected by a negative bink value.

Oh, and I agree with him.

Michal Marcinkowski
November 28, 2005, 4:48 pm
It would be a nice idea to set recoil in the WM file, but not now. I might increase the barret recoil in this version.

N1nj@
November 29, 2005, 9:21 pm
Ya...a relatively large barret recoil in realistic would be nice =)