( search forums )
1.3.1e
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Michal Marcinkowski
November 26, 2005, 3:49 pm
- Added join spectator team button in team select menu
- Added new secret ownage command
- Added file readonly.txt to prevent downloading certain files (original maps and sceneries cannot be downloaded)
- Added new anti-cheat solutions
- Added new command: /loadlist X (loads maplist from file X.txt);
- Added new command: /lobby (reregisters the server in the lobby server)
- Added log files split after reaching 512KB of size
- Added png and jpg files are supported by the file download system
- Modified all maps can be changed or voted in the in-game map change menu
- Modified all weapons must be reloaded after pick-up (prevents reload exploits)
- Modified can't vote until 2 minutes pass after server join
- Modifed grenades don't explode on corpses (prevents lag bugs)
- Modified if texture can't be downloaded for map default one is loaded
- Modified weapon can't be reloaded if is fully loaded
- Fixed extreme bink on respawn
- Fixed lobby registering errors in non-dedicated server game
- Fixed yellow player name still after thrown away flag
- Fixed flame whizz sound
- Fixed players using the same file for headgear
- Fixed Spas-12 reload exploit
- Fixed grenade not exploding in close hit
- Fixed invisible law bug
- Fixed Soldat not compatible with some background programs
- Fixed blue team caps worth 20 instead of 25 points
- Fixed mp5 clip falling out
- Fixed killing through wall
- Fixed flames hit colliders
- Fixed when player joined paused game his game wasn't paused
- Fixed server does not send messages to non-authenticated admin clients
- Fixed two grenades being thrown on server when player had a chainsaw

- Modified M79 gives 30% more self damage
- Modified knife throwing - speed of knife depends on how long you hold the throw button
- Modified all weapons bullets (except Barret and M79) lose power after long distance (to prevent blind spraying)

I fixed the spas bugs and the nade+chainsaw bugs. I marked changes in this version with +.
If you're unregistered you'll notice a banner ad on the window when you start the game. I wanna see if I can make money this way, if it would be the same
as registrations I might just give Soldat for free with this advertisment, it would be pretty cool.

http://www.soldat.pl/temp2/patch13-131e.zip
http://www.soldat.pl/temp2/serverpatch243.zip

Deleted User
November 26, 2005, 6:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiIf you're unregistered you'll notice a banner ad on the window when you start the game. I wanna see if I can make money this way, if it would be the same
as registrations I might just give Soldat for free with this advertisment, it would be pretty cool.

Um, is this why it thinks I'm unregistered when I start the game? I keep getting the 'please register' pop-up, and I don't really see a banner of any sort.

[IMAGE]

grand_diablo
November 26, 2005, 6:40 pm
since im low on traffic (there is no affordable kind of flatrate in Austria, except for vienna), so i the earliest possible time for me to dl 131e will be Dec-1 :P

Btw. honourable thought, Michal, but bannerads are usually very ineffective, I doubt it could replace the normal registration in terms of financial effectiveness. And umh, I prefer having spent 10 ? on Soldat to getting forced to wait for an OK button to be enabled (and there is some tool which does keep the popup from being started, btw).

Michal Marcinkowski
November 26, 2005, 7:36 pm
Stalky: :(, is there a banner.gif file in the soldat folder?
grand_diablo: Well it's an experiment, I haven't seen any games with this strategy, but there are/were programs which used this effectivly (Kazaa). The ad can be placed anywhere else in-game, where it won't force you to wait or anything.

Psyl3ntShad0w
November 26, 2005, 8:05 pm
yeah there is a banner.gif in the soldat directory..at least for me.

+- Added join spectator team button in team select menu

i don't see that, at least not in u13, although you can still join spec by hitting 5 on your keyboard...the button isnt there though.

Bugs Revenge
November 26, 2005, 8:07 pm
Gj first of all :)
and "+- Modified auto weapon bullets lose power after long distance (to prevent blind spraying)"
/Me hugs you MM..!

MisterX
November 26, 2005, 8:22 pm
Nice, nice. I just think this should count for Ruger as well, as it's a damn powerful spraying weapon with it's fire rate and bullet speed.

reckon
November 26, 2005, 8:47 pm
The spas is godly.
A bit too godly.

The Geologist
November 26, 2005, 9:11 pm
Downloaded and testing when I can over the weekend.

N1nj@
November 26, 2005, 10:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by Psyl3ntShad0wyeah there is a banner.gif in the soldat directory..at least for me.

i don't see that, at least not in u13, although you can still join spec by hitting 5 on your keyboard...the button isnt there though.
ya i don't see that either even when I try to host my own game, i just get a large area with blank-ness.quote:Originally posted by MisterXNice, nice. I just think this should count for Ruger as well, as it's a damn powerful spraying weapon with it's fire rate and bullet speed.
i think this should apply to spas as well.

m00`
November 26, 2005, 11:25 pm
woot hi reckon i didnt know u got into beta team :D

Deleted User
November 27, 2005, 9:57 am
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiStalky: :(, is there a banner.gif file in the soldat folder?

Nope, and its not in the zip file I downloaded, either..

m00`
November 27, 2005, 10:15 am
i think it appears once you start the game, it wasnt in the zip file or folder whe ni installed this beta but once i started the game it appeared in the folder...

Michal Marcinkowski
November 27, 2005, 12:55 pm
// +- Added join spectator team button in team select menu
It should appear when you join a game. I don't know why it doesn't when you host a game...

Stalky: Do you have some firewall on or sth?

SERIAL KILLeR
November 27, 2005, 1:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowski// +- Added join spectator team button in team select menu
It should appear when you join a game. I don't know why it doesn't when you host a game...

You forgot to add the updated txt files :p. If you add spectate to line 669 it works.

Bugs Revenge
November 27, 2005, 2:10 pm
wth Serial Killer? since when did u became a programmer?
good job tho.
hmm MM, I'm under firewall, getting the file but the advertise is still blank.

N1nj@
November 27, 2005, 3:47 pm
line 669 is already taken by "Automatically take screens of final game score"

u mean 670 then?

SERIAL KILLeR
November 27, 2005, 3:54 pm
Hmmm that's line 666 for me...
Its 3 lines after the last text.

Michal
November 27, 2005, 4:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by Stalkyquote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiIf you're unregistered you'll notice a banner ad on the window when you start the game. I wanna see if I can make money this way, if it would be the same

Um, is this why it thinks I'm unregistered when I start the game? I keep getting the 'please register' pop-up, and I don't really see a banner of any sort.

[IMAGE]

I get the same thing...
It takes almost 20 seconds for the nag screen to come up after clicking the shortcut, but the banner doesn't show up either.
I am registered and the banner image is in my soldat folder.

I installed this version yesterday and everything was normal, no nag screen, no slow startup.
Only once I turned on my computer today it was like this...

Dark_Noddy
November 27, 2005, 4:28 pm
If the NagScreen is supposed to show the url http://www.monsoonix.com/ads/soldat.php then that one is kinda blank.. ^^ Worked before I rebooted aswell.. However it doesnt take loong time for the nag screen to show up, only first time ;D but thats CuZ I had to wait for Norton to get his finger out of his bonghole..

there is a Banner.gif in soldat folder tho >_< looks like a . ?

Deleted User
November 27, 2005, 5:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiStalky: Do you have some firewall on or sth?

Yeah I do but I tried turning it off and it didn't make a difference.

Nukem
November 27, 2005, 6:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by MisterXNice, nice. I just think this should count for Ruger as well, as it's a damn powerful spraying weapon with it's fire rate and bullet speed.

indeed
ruger spray on long range needs to be affected as well... especially because the ruger range is longer than the auto range

Michal Marcinkowski
November 27, 2005, 6:53 pm
The server with the banner wasn't working well today, it should be OK now.

// ruger spray on long range needs to be affected as well... especially because the ruger range is longer than the auto range
Maybe every weapon should be affected by this except the ones that take more than 1 sec to shoot (Barret, M79)?

About the spectator option in the team menu - the button is there I just forgot to update the text file so it is blank, but if you press 5 it should work.

MisterX
November 27, 2005, 7:00 pm
Hm.. I'm not even sure if Barret shouldn't be affected. Those random, blind shots aren't really good for tactical playing. More likely they can make a team lose a match because of random luck the enemy has.

Bugs Revenge
November 27, 2005, 7:13 pm
Ruger spraying would be a way harder now with the new ruger
but yeah, I agree it should effect everyweapon including barret.. but about barret only without scope --> gotta be complicated a bit huh? :\

Dark_Noddy
November 27, 2005, 7:43 pm
Hehe I wouldnt mind keeping the barret "un-range-weakend" but thats just cause I love to shoot those retarded SG Camp/Spammers from the other side of the map :D

Deleted User
November 27, 2005, 8:58 pm
...banner still doesn't work.

Michal Marcinkowski
November 27, 2005, 10:47 pm
Stalky: it must be some firewall problem... anyone else has never seen the banner?

N1nj@
November 27, 2005, 11:02 pm
Me! I don't think I have a firewall tho...maybe tell us which port(s) to forward/open and see if it fixes it.

DragonSlayer
November 28, 2005, 12:08 am
+- Modified auto weapon bullets lose power after long distance (to prevent blind spraying)
+- Fixed when player joined paused game his game wasn't paused
+- Fixed two grenades being thrown on server when player had a chainsaw

Awesome. Great work MM, I'm glad you did the spray thing, and all the new changes I listed are really good. :)

Avskum
November 28, 2005, 9:32 am
+- Modified auto weapon bullets lose power after long distance (to prevent blind spraying)

Even though it would make hunting an efc less interesting i guess the pros weighs out the cons.
Should go for the other weapons as well as said before, EXCEPT the barret.
Being able to blind shoot a capping EFC brings another level to it, and it cant be abused like it can with the other weaps, minus m79 then.

DragonSlayer
November 28, 2005, 10:35 am
Yeah, I agree with Avskum. Barret will get nerfed in some other ways as well, and it's a sniper. It won't need the long distance damage decrease.

Michal Marcinkowski
November 28, 2005, 7:15 pm
// Me! I don't think I have a firewall tho...maybe tell us which port(s) to forward/open and see if it fixes it.
It uses standard http port 80 it shouldn't be a problem. Do you have some kind of other software that might prevent downloading files from the internet? Can you see it when you go on this page http://www.monsoonix.com/ads/soldat.php?

I'm gonna release a new version tomorrow with the stuff you guys suggested. Can you play, lets say: Wednesday 6:00GMT?

reckon
November 28, 2005, 8:12 pm
You can count me in.

N1nj@
November 28, 2005, 9:10 pm
i got school at that time :S only good for weekends =( sorry.

But about the banner, yes I can see the banner when I go on to that page and I don't think i have any software that blocks it...

The Geologist
November 28, 2005, 9:59 pm
Same here, school at that time :/ Open for weekends and afternoons/evenings though.

I can see the banner as well. Yet it didn't really catch my eye..if we were looking to entice people with the banner, perhaps we could use some of those that were part of the contest? Simply to create a little variety and eye candy.

N1nj@
November 28, 2005, 10:27 pm
there's a lot of nice banner from the logo contest, top 3 can be found here

MisterX
November 28, 2005, 10:30 pm
Well, it seems at the moment we don't even really need set dates. Today I got nice 2v2s twice by just asking in the channel, and mostly there's at least a single person up for playing. So the testing shouldn't be the problem anymore :)

Bugs Revenge
November 29, 2005, 1:22 am
hmm, not always, anyway I'm up for Wednesday

Yukwunhang
November 29, 2005, 10:22 am
quote:Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowski// Me! I don't think I have a firewall tho...maybe tell us which port(s) to forward/open and see if it fixes it.
It uses standard http port 80 it shouldn't be a problem. Do you have some kind of other software that might prevent downloading files from the internet? Can you see it when you go on this page http://www.monsoonix.com/ads/soldat.php?

I'm gonna release a new version tomorrow with the stuff you guys suggested. Can you play, lets say: Wednesday 6:00GMT?

O_o
My ISP blocked my port 80 but it still works for me, wtf.

frogboy
November 29, 2005, 11:15 am
quote:Originally posted by yukwunhangO_o
My ISP blocked my port 80 but it still works for me, wtf.
They couldn't have, port 80 is the normal HTTP port. You were using port 80 to post that message.

Works here, by the way. Except all I get is the Soldat Forums' banner, which I'm guessing is deliberate.

Michal Marcinkowski
November 29, 2005, 3:36 pm
I uploaded a fix for version 1.3.1e, please download it. I can play today at let's say 6:00GMT? We can meet on IRC and see how many there will be OK?
- Modified M79 gives 30% more self damage
- Modified knife throwing - speed of knife depends on how long you hold the throw button
- Modified all weapons bullets (except Barret and M79) lose power after long distance (to prevent blind spraying)

http://www.soldat.pl/temp2/patch13-131e.zip
http://www.soldat.pl/temp2/serverpatch243.zip

As for the banner: do you have any idea why it might not work? Maybe the ISP is blocking stuff if it is not coming from a web browser?
Also, there is only a default forums banner right now. I wanna test out the system, how many views, clicks there are. So if you want to advertise something now (like your Soldat website), during the first weeks of the release you can give it to me and I'll place it for free.

Deleted User
November 29, 2005, 3:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiSo if you want to advertise something now (like your Soldat website), during the first weeks of the release you can give it to me and I'll place it for free.

If Elephant Hunter can hurry up with making www.soldatresource.com we could advertise it :o good way to get lots of members joining up.

quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiAs for the banner: do you have any idea why it might not work? Maybe the ISP is blocking stuff if it is not coming from a web browser?

I just realised, I'm at university and running through a heavily protected proxy server which is blocking the banner. Soldats ports aren't open so it can't download the banner, amirite?

Yukwunhang
November 29, 2005, 4:05 pm
Thanks for the update, MM.
quote:If Elephant Hunter can hurry up with making www.soldatresource.com we could advertise it :o good way to get lots of members joining up.

The site is about umm, around 50-60% done, I'll talk to Elephant about it.

KnOt
November 29, 2005, 4:47 pm
I wouldn't change the barret / m79 bullets.. Or the LAW. Those blind shots are part of what makes soldat fun

Taxista
November 29, 2005, 4:51 pm
He didnt change m79´s bullet neither barret´s bullet. Dont know about Law. I hope he didnt.

btw i will be here to SS.

Deleted User
November 29, 2005, 5:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by StalkyI just realised, I'm at university and running through a heavily protected proxy server which is blocking the banner. Soldats ports aren't open so it can't download the banner, amirite?

As Michal said the banner uses port 80 which is the standard http port. If it was blocked you couldn't be posting right now. The ports that soldat uses for other things have nothing to do with the banner afaik.

MisterX
November 29, 2005, 5:49 pm
quote:18:46:33 Pienne: I like the knife now
18:46:43 Pienne: although it needs a minimum
I guess he's right. There should be a higher minimum-speed the knife can have. At the moment you can even hurt yourself while flying, and it seems a little overnerfed. For sure we have to test this, but I guess a higher minimum-speed (still not too high for sure ;) ) would be fair.

LazehBoi
November 29, 2005, 5:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by MisterXquote:18:46:33 Pienne: I like the knife now
I guess he's right. There should be a higher minimum-speed the knife can have. At the moment you can even hurt yourself while flying, and it seems a little overnerfed. For sure we have to test this, but I guess a higher minimum-speed (still not too high for sure ;) ) would be fair.

I concur with myself and MisterX.

n00bface
November 29, 2005, 5:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by MisterXquote:18:46:33 Pienne: I like the knife now

I disagree. It is good.

Taxista
November 29, 2005, 5:55 pm
Yeah i agree. I already killed myself by trowing the knife (without holding, just pressing) when i was walking.
And if you go "running" and you just press to trow it, without holding again, it will just go back to you.

Deleted User
November 29, 2005, 7:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2As Michal said the banner uses port 80 which is the standard http port. If it was blocked you couldn't be posting right now. The ports that soldat uses for other things have nothing to do with the banner afaik.

...ah. Dunno then.

Deleted User
November 29, 2005, 7:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by n00bfacequote:Originally posted by MisterXquote:18:46:33 Pienne: I like the knife now

I disagree. It is good.

I agree with n00bface.

Michal Marcinkowski
November 29, 2005, 7:39 pm
I'm glad with this version. I wouldn't want to add or fix anything more. I might add the minimum speed for the knife, fix so that LAW doesn't lose power and I think that will be it. We can still work a bit on the balance, although I think there isn't much left to do. So I might make a release candidate version soon.

reckon
November 29, 2005, 8:25 pm
Michal, with all do respect, you just ruined the knife for me.
A longer switching period would be much more efficient then holding down the button.
Delays arent making soldat fun.

MisterX
November 29, 2005, 8:44 pm
Play a bit more with it reckon. At first, after having tried it for several seconds I also thought it was overnerfed, but now I'm very fine with it. Because at least for me, the more challenging a weapon is, the more fun I have using it, as long as it isn't frustrating. But you can definitely deal with the chargeup-time.

Dark_Noddy
November 29, 2005, 8:46 pm
I agree with n00bface and Ville :) knife is good ! hehe... xept the "jam-reload-supah-throw" bug..

N1nj@
November 29, 2005, 9:07 pm
I have to agree with reckon on this one, a longer switching period is a much better solution than holding down the button.

Bugs Revenge
November 29, 2005, 11:33 pm
hmm, I ain't sure about the longer switch period.
It's just a matter of gettting used to it, it would be a great thing just like nades.
anyway, I also think THE KNIFE SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO KILL YOURSELF WHILE RUNNING. so please do a stronger minimum throw.. <3

reckon
November 30, 2005, 12:02 am
Im gonna be a sad sad boy.
Guess ill pick up the socom or something.
:<

November 30, 2005, 12:58 am
quote:Originally posted by Bugs Revengehmm, I ain't sure about the longer switch period.
It's just a matter of gettting used to it, it would be a great thing just like nades.
anyway, I also think THE KNIFE SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO KILL YOURSELF WHILE RUNNING. so please do a stronger minimum throw.. <3

Running with knives is dangerous. Were you never taught that?

Bugs Revenge
November 30, 2005, 1:51 am
Is it? ;)
I'm so damn lucky then :P