( search forums )
A better gostek changer (idea)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Developers Corner
edak
November 30, 2005, 8:00 am
I have seen mod changers, but nothing thus far actually impresses me in that you can't easily select different gosteks for different teams.

The idea is make a program that grabs the gostek-gfx images from all the soldat/mods subdirectories and allows you to select them (by mod name) from a dropdown list (one for alpha and one for bravo). BUT, when you select it from the list, it draws the character automatically on the screen using the abovementioned files in the mods folders. Essentially, this would allow you to grab gosteks easily from different mods and play them vs eachother.

Things to figure out:
1. The orientation and position of the images - can't be too hard to figure out
2. The transparency of images - must be able to be worked around somehow, i am sure someone knows how to...
3. The program can put these files in a mod folder with a particular name and can be run from the changer.
4. Maybe you can select default mod for weapons, sounds etc (no need to display them unless you really want to)

IF THERE IS ALREADY a mod selector as such please advise me, otherwise I will try and figure out how to program myself, in which case you may never see it because i wont be able to do it.

GIVE IT A THOUGHT!!!!

Soldat ON! :)

nfsjunkie91
December 3, 2005, 5:18 am
YOu can do this with ivan's mod changer. it supports gosteks for multiple teams.

edak
December 16, 2005, 4:06 pm
nevermind, I wrote one and put it here ---> http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=30105