( search forums )
LAWs reload time
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
MisterX
December 1, 2005, 3:58 pm
In 1.3 the reload time of the LAW is pretty high. In 3on3 CTF matches you rarely ever get to reload it. That's why the reload time is too high in my opinion.
So, should it be changed in your opinion? And if so, how much should it be changed?
The LAWs reload time in 1.3 is 540. I say 420 would be good. This way you can reload it, but still have to time it. You can't reload it at once, so it's not too easy to do. So you won't be able to reload everytime, but it's possible.

Bugs Revenge
December 1, 2005, 3:58 pm
Law is too easy already, don't make it a killing machine..
take into account it's just a secondary weapon!
after thinking of it again, the law shouldn't be changed that drastically.

then the socom would be underpower a lot, just think of it..
Knife = somekind of one kill weapon.
Law = one kill shot weapon as well.
so the socom could only "finish ppl off"..
it can't even beat someone who is just reloading with barret \ m79..
so what's the point making the secondaries better while we try to nerf the primaries?!
making them just the same? :o

the maximum change I would've change it would be about -60 ticks(one sec) reload time --> 480.. it's quite enough. :x

Avskum
December 1, 2005, 4:09 pm
Good idea, may make it a bit more competitory.

Deleted User
December 1, 2005, 4:12 pm
I am all for 420 reload time.

DragonSlayer
December 1, 2005, 4:21 pm
I think the reload time isn't all that long but I don't mind if it's slightly shorter. Not much though.

Denacke
December 1, 2005, 4:39 pm
I like the way of seeing it as a one-time-use-weapon to throw away and pick up a different weapon when used. I don't think its reload should be altered.

MisterX
December 1, 2005, 4:43 pm
Well, I'm one (of the very few people?) who dislike using 2 primaries in general. I just don't find it very fair, and I'm very happy that people rarely do it. So I also think there should be a possibility to reload LAW.

Vijchtidoodah
December 1, 2005, 6:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by Bugs Revenge
then the socom would be underpower a lot, just think of it..
Knife = somekind of one kill weapon.
Law = one kill shot weapon as well.
so the socom could only "finish ppl off"..
it can't even beat someone who is just reloading with barret \ m79..
so what's the point making the secondaries better while we try to nerf the primaries?!
making them just the same? :o

the maximum change I would've change it would be about -60 ticks(one sec) reload time --> 480.. it's quite enough. :x

The socom is actually pretty strong, especially in realistic where it can beat both the ak and minimi.

However, 480 does sound better. We'll have to test both reload rates out.

papasurf31
December 1, 2005, 6:44 pm
I all for not being able to reload the LAW at all. Instead, after the shot is fired, it can be turned into a big-ass club.

Nukem
December 1, 2005, 7:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by DenackeI like the way of seeing it as a one-time-use-weapon to throw away and pick up a different weapon when used.

indeed! plz dont change that

MisterX
December 1, 2005, 7:44 pm
So in the future everyone will have to double his fighting power by using 2 primaries. Everyone that doesn't instantly pick up another primary doesn't have a chance? Man, I really don't like this. That's just not the way it should be.. normally nobody uses 2 primaries anyway, since you'll have to pick them again and again after you've died. Yet if you do it you're damn much stronger... :|
As if doublebarret/doublem79 doesn't suck enough..

Deleted User
December 1, 2005, 8:37 pm
MisterX what exactly is your point? You can pick up another primary weapon even if the LAW's reload time is changed.

MisterX
December 1, 2005, 9:15 pm
It was a general comment on double primaries, concerning the argument that LAW should be kept as a nearly "unreloadable" weapon because/so you can throw it away and pick up another weapon.

Bugs Revenge
December 2, 2005, 12:39 am
It doesn't matter, ppl could use another primary weapon whenever they want
and I wish to see more primaries instead of LAWs all around,
don't u remember the times when ppl just ran with the law?
I'm realy fine with the settings now, and the law is useable and realy effective..
the maximum I could think of is -1 sec of its reloading, not 420 for sure.

The Geologist
December 2, 2005, 1:16 am
quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2I am all for 420 reload time.

Definately in favor of a slight reduction in the current reload time.

N1nj@
December 2, 2005, 2:01 am
420 is too much IMO. 450 or 470 is good.

Taxista
December 2, 2005, 1:29 pm
I also think that law´s reload time its too high.
Imo it shouldnt be decreased much since i think law its a defence weap.
I think that decreasing to 480 its fine.
Lets just test it this weekend.