( search forums )
Three 1.3.1f bug reports
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
DragonSlayer
December 3, 2005, 7:44 pm
Here's 3 bugs I have noticed so far:

When I try to start Soldat, I sometimes get this:

[IMAGE]

And Soldat doesn't start. Sometimes I get it 3-4 times in a row and then Soldat launches. No idea what's the reason to this, never had this earlier.

A knife bug. Watch this demo:

http://www.avalanchestudios.net/ds/soldat/demos/wtfknife.sdm

Pay attention to the place where flag is the demo starts. Notice what happens? No words can describe what the hell happened there but it happened a few times when I was testing it. And sometimes the knife would bounce like crazy in the air, as the demo shows after the first throw. So be sure to watch through the whole demo. This only happened to me when I just tapped f and did not hold it.

Another knife bug. Watch this demo.

http://www.avalanchestudios.net/ds/soldat/demos/wtfknife2.sdm

Knife flies way faster and further than it ever should. First I noticed a bug like this. When you throw knife and pick it up right after you've thrown it, it automatically throws the knife second time, with full power, without pressing anything. And if you start holding throw button after you've thrown it first time and pick it up right away, you can throw it... far... and fast.

Taxista
December 3, 2005, 8:00 pm
The second one is weird. :o
About the 3rd one the same happen with barret. MM said he will try to fix it.

[IMAGE]

I got that one when playing.

Michal Marcinkowski
December 3, 2005, 8:56 pm
1. Did you copy rucha.poa from /Demos to /Anims?
2. The knife flying out of the flag was really funny. I think this is happening because your throwing a knife at a knife that is on the ground, it's a polybug I think.
3. I can fix this.

Taxista: Can you give some details what you played, with who?

Taxista
December 3, 2005, 9:01 pm
I was just playing against some bots, after a while when i killed one it happened that. Then it happened two times more randomly.

DragonSlayer
December 3, 2005, 9:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowski1. Did you copy rucha.poa from /Demos to /Anims?
2. The knife flying out of the flag was really funny. I think this is happening because your throwing a knife at a knife that is on the ground, it's a polybug I think.
3. I can fix this.

Taxista: Can you give some details what you played, with who?

1. Ah, nope, I didn't. Weird that it still works sometimes though.

2. I'm pretty sure it happened when there was no knife on the ground, I'll test it. It's nothing much though.

Overall, I noticed that when you tap throw button (not hold even one bit), the knife bounces in a weird way.