( search forums )
Desert Eagle Bug
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Michal
December 4, 2005, 12:40 am
If you crouch with DEs and have your cursor at around 30° (on level ground, angle varies with ground direction) when you shoot, one of the shots goes in an odd direction.

I'm pretty sure the shot somehow ricochets of the ground behind the player since I hear the ricochet sound effect and there are sparks.
[IMAGE]
This might be part of a larger problem I've observed, where bullets (from most weapons) somehow start behind the player.
It makes it possible to kill someone directly behind you, without actually facing them :s

papasurf31
December 4, 2005, 2:19 am
Yeah, I had a similar experience with the deagles when creating one of my weapon mods. In the air, the deagle fired normally, killing in 3 shots. However, when standing on the ground, it took 4-6 shots to kill.

Upon closer observation, I noticed that only one bullet was being fired in the right direction, and I was unsure where the other bullet went. I assumed this was something specific to weapon mods, but it seems it plagues the default settings as well.

Michal Marcinkowski
December 4, 2005, 12:48 pm
I'll see what I can do with this.

Edit: OK, I can't fix it now, it would cause too much trouble.

N1nj@
December 4, 2005, 3:37 pm
I think we all dont mind waiting for a bit longer? I mean afterall this patch is bug fixes, right?

Michal Marcinkowski
December 4, 2005, 9:26 pm
Well we would be waiting forever if we would want to get rid of every bug there is.

MisterX
December 4, 2005, 9:58 pm
By the way, this bug also happens when shooting up. You can clearly see that the second shot gets "ricoche'ed" behind you. But it's not anything critical, since it only happens when standing on the ground and then shooting at this angle.