( search forums )
Lags makes some strange bugs.. :
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Bugs Revenge
December 4, 2005, 6:32 pm
Well, there'r two major bugs cause by lags and wrong codding I guess.
1.A player moves from blue to red team, some can still see him as blue for some reason.. the same for the other way round (red to blue)
2.Someone joins while some of the players in the server can't see that he's joined the game so he's just invisible for them, it means they can't see him \ his bullets, just see when he kills them in the consol..

(It's from other versions as well)

3.Wrong map versions --> while admins changing maps for some reason some of the players getting Wrong map versions.. coz of the lag or something, could you fix those problems, they could be SO annoying!

Denacke
December 4, 2005, 6:33 pm
I don't think it'll be easy to fix. I guess most of it was because of a loss of packets?

Bugs Revenge
December 4, 2005, 6:36 pm
It might be coz of loss packets of the server..
Since I've never got loss packets in my connection..
(While looking at programs that tracking my connection.. I never get loss packets) :o

KnOt
December 4, 2005, 6:36 pm
Yar I get these quite often

LazehBoi
December 4, 2005, 6:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by Bugs RevengeWell, there'r two major bugs cause by lags and wrong codding I guess.
1.A player moves from blue to red team, some can still see him as blue for some reason.. the same for the other way round (red to blue)
2.Someone joins while some of the players in the server can't see that he's joined the game so he's just invisible for them, it means they can't see him \ his bullets, just see when he kills them in the consol..

(It's from other versions as well)

3.Wrong map versions --> while admins changing maps for some reason some of the players getting Wrong map versions.. coz of the lag or something, could you fix those problems, they could be SO annoying!

The first and third one are old bugs which I rarely see and don't really mind, the second one however, I haven't seen at all. The closest I get to that is when the appear and disappear at a rhythm.

MisterX
December 4, 2005, 6:49 pm
I also can't remember I've had this bug once before 1.3.1, but today I got it at least once. It's hard to know when you have this bug, for sure :)

Taxista
December 4, 2005, 7:27 pm
yeah 1 and 3 are old. About 2 i rarely get it, but i already saw it at least some 5 times.

Michal Marcinkowski
December 4, 2005, 9:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by DenackeI don't think it'll be easy to fix. I guess most of it was because of a loss of packets?

Hard to fix, it would be better to rewrite the whole code.

DragonSlayer
December 6, 2005, 2:40 pm
I believe the first one happens when you join the server and if someone switches the team while you are choosing which team the join, the color is wrong.

That's probably because the server sends you the data about teams and such the moment you join and does not do it again when you join a team. So when you join the server, you see that some player is in blue team, but when you actually join a team, he is in the red team but you got the false information. I don't know is it the way it's coded, but it's a possibility which comes in my mind.

Michal Marcinkowski
December 6, 2005, 4:57 pm
DragonSlayer: Oh nice thinking. I think you might be right about this one. Either this or packet loss.