( search forums )
server v. 246 buggy! + another bug
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
grand_diablo
December 8, 2005, 1:04 pm
we at selfkill did some internal testing with the 246 serv, and it proves to be very buggy atm.

One of the server we set up declarates itself as 1.3.0. serv and were unable to join, the other one runs fine for a few minutes, then produces connection problems and kinda restarts itself (bots etc. are gone at rejoining, and the pw is the same again as in the ini, even if you changed it manually in between). Although it isnt a true restart, cause the time counter continues counting down, yet all "players" (whether they are bots, players or connected admins) get the conn prob and have to rejoin.

Another bug:
when you join a server, then leave it, then switch profile, you cant access the lobbylist anymore with the second profile. Once you switch back to the first, it works again.

FliesLikeABrick
December 8, 2005, 2:47 pm
Also, I'll just mention this here... every new server that has been released has been released with outdated ReadMe texts. I'll try to update it as best as I can on my own and post a new copy here if you'd like, just to save you some time

Michal Marcinkowski
December 8, 2005, 9:05 pm
Now that is strange because I've never experienced anything like this on the selfkill server. Version 2.46 is running since yesterday and I don't see any problems. There is probably something wrong on your side, or the installation is maybe faulty. How did you update the server, from which file? I know there were problems when I didn't upload the file 'rucha.poa' to '/anims'.

FliesLikeABrick: That would be very nice. Send me the file or paste it here if you do it.

FliesLikeABrick
December 8, 2005, 9:37 pm
MM, if you could type up some reccomended minimum specifiations for a standard server use (12 players or so), that'd be a great thing to include in the readme, and many people wonder about it.

grand_diablo
December 8, 2005, 9:58 pm
mmh maybe a missing rucha.poa in anims was the cause, you could be right. Ill ask Keydon (who set the server up) to check again.

EDIT: uploading the file and restarting the serv seems to have fixed it. Twas my fault, I didnt tell Keydon about the missing anim file ^^

what about the other bug (problem with loading lobbylist when switching profile)? I know its minor, Im just interested if this is a lobbybug or a clientbug :P

Michal Marcinkowski
December 8, 2005, 10:52 pm
The other bug: I can't really reproduce this bug. It works for me. Anyways it doesn't sound that bad, could be fixed some other time.
FliesLikeABrick: I can't say now from the top of my head. There were discussions on this topic on the Server Corps forum.

FliesLikeABrick
December 8, 2005, 10:56 pm
yeah that thread is what caused me to ask. I was the main one to provde info in there, should I just write something up from the experience I've had with all my different machines/servers?

Michal Marcinkowski
December 8, 2005, 11:37 pm
Yes your experience would be best, since I don't really run servers.