( search forums )
YOU STUPID [img]http://typ356.de/c.gif[/img]
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
FliesLikeABrick
December 9, 2005, 3:17 pm
some beta tester leaked out the mirror links to 1.3.1, and now its spreading through IRC like wildfire, my mirror already got a [CENSORED]load of hits

beta information has been leaked hours after things happen ever since we got a ton of net beta testers, including news posted on soldat.nl multiple times.

DragonSlayer
December 9, 2005, 3:18 pm
Yeah, I don't know who the hell leaked the file but thanks a bunch. I suppose someone gave the link to his friend(s) and then it started spreading. Jesus.

FliesLikeABrick
December 9, 2005, 3:20 pm
soldat.nl is hosting a mirror for it and publicly advertising it

Hitman
December 9, 2005, 3:26 pm
*Snip*

Edit: My bad, I thought this was the lounge.

FliesLikeABrick
December 9, 2005, 3:27 pm
fragbait and others are just going through IRC spamming links to files, he knows he's being a [CENSORED] and thats why he is doing it.

edit: lol@hitman?

DragonSlayer
December 9, 2005, 3:33 pm
Haha, I was wondering what Hitman was talking about. :p

MisterX
December 9, 2005, 4:40 pm
I have just heard that the beta's are regularly leaked in Xfect ¬_¬ If you just want to have the current beta, you just have to call some specific [CENSORED] here of the beta team to get it..
I doubt it's a problem if people get a beta version or the new version before it's out. Yet, people who just leak beta's to anyone definitely shouldn't be included in this testing..

grand_diablo
December 9, 2005, 4:56 pm
http://www.soldat.nl/news/1134145151/

this is what im most angry about

theyre saying that selfkill leaked it (although it was a mistake that lasted for 5 minutes) whilst leaking it themselves, plus publishing a news of how proud they are of this. In case there is some link/button or whatever refferal to soldat.nl on the main page, im for removing it.

Psyl3ntShad0w
December 9, 2005, 5:02 pm
ugh...this happens all the time... -.- whats with you kids and not being able to keep a secret?

DragonSlayer
December 9, 2005, 5:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by Psyl3ntShad0wugh...this happens all the time... -.- whats with you kids and not being able to keep a secret?

Ask that from the one who leaked it. :|

FliesLikeABrick
December 9, 2005, 5:28 pm
i got my mirror back up for the official dl page MM, please feel free to add it for the patch and installer

http://u13.net/go.php?id=71 installer
http://u13.net/go.php?id=72 patch

The Geologist
December 9, 2005, 5:44 pm
Do we know who leaked it, or is there any way to find out?

Chakra`
December 9, 2005, 5:45 pm
I personally don't find leaks to be much of a problem myself. Spoils the suprise a bit but otherwise, whatever makes people feel special, eh?

My personal belief of the culprit, however ('cos it's fun :D ), is Denacke from clan SN due to consequential evidence.

*puffs his pipe*

1. Denacke is from clan SN and has no doubt frequent relations with clan SaD, two clans that regularly bump into each other for more than 2 years now over IRC and have faced countless battles and established relations. Fragbait is the leader of SaD, and for the past 2-3 versions of Soldat has always had the most recent beta, and made it his mission to provide it to as many people as he can find through IRC. Recently, he boasted about how he will 'forever' know whats going on in the beta from his 'source', suggesting a long-term beta tester has been at his aid.

2. Denacke is a member of www.soldat.nl , a website that has always had near-immediate knowledge of beta progress to publicise, despite the tight lid kept on things from most members.

3. I'm wearing a sherlock holmes cap.

Outcast
December 9, 2005, 5:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by MisterXI have just heard that the beta's are regularly leaked in Xfect ¬_¬ If you just want to have the current beta, you just have to call some specific [CENSORED] here of the beta team to get it..
I doubt it's a problem if people get a beta version or the new version before it's out. Yet, people who just leak beta's to anyone definitely shouldn't be included in this testing..

Beta's are not leaked in Xfect. The only thing we posted in our private channel was when you guys said that we can give the betas to some guys since it went semi public? We gave it to our guys....but none of the RC's...the latest I gave was a month back...

Cookie.
December 9, 2005, 6:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by Outcastquote:Originally posted by MisterXI have just heard that the beta's are regularly leaked in Xfect ¬_¬ If you just want to have the current beta, you just have to call some specific [CENSORED] here of the beta team to get it..

Beta's are not leaked in Xfect. The only thing we posted in our private channel was when you guys said that we can give the betas to some guys since it went semi public? We gave it to our guys....but none of the RC's...the latest I gave was a month back...

Yes you were allowed to give it out. Michal did say to hand out the beta to your friends and even your mother to help collect bugs, as long as the bugs got posted.

Denacke
December 9, 2005, 6:44 pm
charlack holmes failed!

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 7:20 pm
So, what now? :)

Bugs Revenge
December 9, 2005, 7:34 pm
Now we have to wait for the guys to check out the version, find the new bugs.. and work on the new version :P

Rambo_6
December 10, 2005, 5:13 am
Beta leaks... Ugh.

Why can't people just be thankful for their position? I mean, the only thing better than sharing something with your friends is having them covet it, and know they can't have it. :P

I'd rather be the one holding it above people's heads and laughing that they can't have it.

frogboy
December 10, 2005, 5:24 am
Couldn't you check the server logs for people who downloaded the release before it was official, and then try and match the people to IRC or Soldat Servers, thereby being able to trace how it spread?

This happens every version though, so it's probably one of the older beta testers.

Hercule Poirot
December 10, 2005, 9:10 am
quote:Originally posted by Outcastquote:Originally posted by MisterXI have just heard that the beta's are regularly leaked in Xfect ¬_¬ If you just want to have the current beta, you just have to call some specific [CENSORED] here of the beta team to get it..

That's not nice to blame us without evidence i mean after all Mandlc did try to get previous beta version from me like 30minutes and i still didn't give it to him i just said that he needs to wait it. Btw that happend before Outcast joined to xfect or Spectral was beta tester so i was the only beta tester in xfect at that time. Also i did make that topic before about Alakhai did found beta be himself from soldat.pl/temp2 or what ever the folder is by some ftp program or something similiar and did give links to all ppl in clan. I was so angry about it and said not to spread it becouse it's not final version also i asked Michal to move files different location (g_d suggested passwording zip files which i still think would be the best to stop leakings) for next beta testing that this wont happend again... So sure it's easy to find new version and spread it all you need to do is just check that temp2 folder once a day.

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=26166

MisterX
December 10, 2005, 2:01 pm
Okay, sorry for blaming you for a senseless reason then. I forgot about that Michal said this. Sorry :|

Chakra`
December 12, 2005, 10:43 am
Soldat politics, gotta love it ^_^