( search forums )
Severe flag bug
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Avskum
December 10, 2005, 3:08 pm
As sneaky writes in General Discussion: "loadsa flag bug's happening,sometimes when the flagger dies and the flag drops to the floor it returns instantly :L"

Many must have noticed this by now. In 20 minutes it happened to me twice. It's devastating, especially in clan wars..

It should be fixed quickly, if its possible.

MisterX
December 10, 2005, 3:13 pm
True, I've also noticed this. It's like in HTF and I'm not even sure - was it actually ment to be like this in HTF?
Please fix this as quickly as possible. At the moment the SCTFL and TPC are running, the players depend on a working flag.

grand_diablo
December 10, 2005, 4:00 pm
Aye, I can confirm that, sometimes the flag gets autoretourned far too early.

N1nj@
December 10, 2005, 4:31 pm
ya..my flag returned even when I was holding it

FliesLikeABrick
December 10, 2005, 5:07 pm
/me confirms as well

DragonSlayer
December 10, 2005, 5:58 pm
Yeah, this bug is bad and needs to be fixed asap.

If you are going to release a fixed version of 1.3.1 soon, I want to suggest one thing for knife:

Could it be possible to make it so that after the knife is fully charged (when you hold down the throw button), it doesn't throw the knife right away. It'd be better if you could hold down the throw button as long as you want and you'll throw the knife when you release it.

papasurf31
December 10, 2005, 8:34 pm
I've had instances where I would make a cap, and the flag would go back to their base but neither I nor my team would get the points for it. Really annoying, and it happens offline too.

MisterX
December 10, 2005, 8:55 pm
I've just had a clanwar, and this bug really needs to be fixed as soon as possible, even if a fix for only this bug would be needed. We had this bug 3 times I think. Luckily both, we and our enemies, were fine with restarting the round. Otherwise there would have been quite a number of undeserved caps. What bugs me now is that the bug only occured on Voland. We have played 4 cw's so far, but we only played Voland for this cw. And only on this map in this match the bug happened, 3-4 times..

@DragonSlayer
I totally, 100%, completely, whatnotever disagree. The knife is definitely not overnerfed. If anything, then the opposite. With this feature it'd just be a great primary weapon again. And as you know: It's a secondary weapon!

DragonSlayer
December 10, 2005, 9:13 pm
Think about it like this.

Our purpose was to stop those cheap and fast point blank throws, right? And cheap spawnkilling? Well, even if we apply the thing we suggested, it's still there. You just can't always aim knife well enough when you are in middle of all the action. Doing those really good knife kills is now nearly impossible. I don't think the knife is the way we would want it to be. Now it's mostly used for mid to short range throws, they are just harder. Even if we did what I suggested, we would've nerfed knife and fixed things, it would just be more possible to actually AIM and get GOOD THROWS. To be honest, knife is pretty much raped right now. I'm not asking to make it as good as it used to be, just make it more possible to aim with when you have to pay attention to 5 different things at the same time.

Michal
December 11, 2005, 1:00 am
I was playing HTF and this bug happened a few times.
It's pretty annoying...

MisterX
December 11, 2005, 1:49 am
That's stupid... Often or even everytime when testing the beta this bug happened. I just always thought it's usual for HTF, since I never really played this mode :/

The Geologist
December 11, 2005, 1:52 am
Nah, it's not...I played two games today where this happened to me, htf especially. Really disorienting when you're not sure if the flad has returned or not.

Michal Marcinkowski
December 12, 2005, 1:55 pm
Since this happens 'sometimes', I need more details. Can you guys track down when exactly does it happen, if possible of course, because it might be completely random.

DragonSlayer
December 12, 2005, 4:32 pm
Well, I haven't noticed any pattern so far. It feels like random to me. I could be wrong but I think it happened once when I threw the flag, so if that's the case, it doesn't only happen when you die. There's some bug which makes it return to base if no one is holding it. Well, it's something like that anyway, and even if you don't know the exact cause, maybe that'll help a bit. I hope someone else can be more precise if it isn't totally random.

Michal Marcinkowski
December 16, 2005, 6:12 pm
Maybe a demo of the thing happening would help?

Avskum
December 16, 2005, 8:06 pm
http://home.no/ulph/Demos.rar

autodemo7 - blue base about 4:50, rune kills knot as a flag carrier, and the flag gets returned immediately (its does not get stuck in the wall)
demo22 - red base, the flag carrier just died, and the flag gets returned after only about 5 secs

and you notice it feels terribly wrong at both occasions

somebody should be able to muster some better examples tho