Please use this topic to post any bugs that you've noticed in Soldat 1.3.1

No balance issues
No whining
No spam
No suggestions - This is only for bugs!

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 6:16 pm
MY BUGS

The sitting bug is still not fixed. I saw some dude in U13 Southeast flying around with jets, in a crouch position.

Happened today, I was trying to throw away my deagles and it plopped out an extra one.

LAW/M79 hits still not registering. ex.) I was in ctf_dropdown and at the bottom I m79ed someone right full contact and they just budged and killed me. o_o

I threw a grenade at the floor and shot someone above me and it said I killed them with grenade..

I joined U13Southeast. I dont think it asked me which team I wanted to join but anyways I joined and I spawned (ctf_laos) in the air to the right of the big mountain thing in blue base. I then started running left but noticed that my team was red and im like, wth. (This happened again but on DETH server.

I was fooling around in ctf_laos on bravo. I killed myself I think, then I pressed ESC or something? I dont remember but I ended up reviving and the respawn time was stuck at the top of my screen. So i was just running around playing normally with a respawn thing.

ZOMG. I play scrims and clan wars, and the m79/law no registing thingy, really messes up the game when your as concentrated to the game clan-wise.

In b2b I shot two law shots at the same time.

In Voland, at the top (3rd level) I shot a law. It said You Killed Blah Blah Blah. [top right it showed it too] and I ran over and checked, and he was still sitting there. He probably got hit or not but he didnt die when it said he did.

In Viet, on Bravo.. I pressed the drop wepaon w/ m79 and while I held it down, it would try to through it away but it didnt after mayeb 10 tries.

Spurt out 2 knives.

In B2b, I naded this guy and he went through the ground landing on the second level.

Sometimes when I change teams... for example. Its happened like 5 times already. Im on blue team and I change to red and I spawn in blue base as a red. So Im usually like wth.

When I decide I wanna change teams, I change but it kicks me out.

Yesterday I was trying to get into a server. It would say, "Map not Found." when the server is running on default maps. (b2b,voland ect.,) and I had to restart soldat to get in.

How is it that chainsaw is so hard to use?? It should hurt someone half health atleast for being anywhere around the body but nopee, you can pass through a person with chainsaw and get nothing done.

The flag when thrown or lost, returns in like 1 second. (sometimes more, but why are the times so random??) Goodd.

Im putting up more probably because this version has so many damn problems. Check Back.

In Ash, I was fighting 1vs1. He was killing me so I threw flag and I ended up spawning with the flag.

I have to say im seriously, seriously.. dissapointed in soldat right now.

GluLm
December 10, 2005, 6:37 pm
Floating jet bug is still there.
Everybody has the same colours in DeathMatch and RamboMAtch if ClanMatch is activated.
Can't join spectator ingame when playing DeatchMatch or RamboMatch.
Flag disapear quickly after it reaches the ground (HTF and CTF)
Sometimes players can't do /cmd (non dedicated server)
Players set as admins can't see whether they have admin status or not, sometimes their commands are unefficient and they appear with no nick in the server log
White dot and black dot (when dead) are both visible in the players list (F1).

(I'm sorry, these aren't new bugs)

_Mancer_
December 10, 2005, 6:37 pm
I was in a cw with my clanmate Poop and he said he couldnt see his grenades or any grenade packs. He couldnt see explosions either, but we all could. He had to restart soldat.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 7:07 pm
I bet you didn't made "crouching to avoid fall damage"

Clash
December 10, 2005, 7:44 pm
Sometimes the respawn time gets stuck and you never get born again...

GAMEOVER
December 10, 2005, 7:56 pm
A shot, nade, w.e should register each and EVERY time regardless of lag or not. My nades that I thought were fixed really arent. They still dont kill dead on for me like they do for others they kill more so dead on for me then they did in 1.3 but I feel this is because of their power now. There is a horrible registering problem in the script/game (w/e you want to call it) and until that gets fixed everything else is kinda pointless. Everything must register, EVERY shot, EVERY nade. I heard MM is learning as he goes along and thats great but I really think this game needs to see a pro delphi scripter/writer to go through and make sure the code is right and written in the best possible way. The most important bug is this register bug until that gets fixed were not getting the full value from each and every version. MM if your reading this maybe you have a friend or know someone who can go through this script and thumb things out like this register bug and just release a quick patch for it. Instead of releaseing a whole new version lets maybe take smaller steps with smaller updates. Provide smaller updates and the bugs will develop slower and you can handle each and everyone as it comes not do all sorts of stuff get swamped with bugs fix those release another version and get swamped with even more bugs. Lets try doing updates slower but releaseing them quicker. 1-4 things at a time instead of 15+ things.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 8:01 pm
Yes, Theres a few bugs ive noticed.

1. Like mancer already said, when I joined a server, I couldnt see any explosions one time, then the next time I couldnt see any grenade packs or grenades. I started throwing grenades and my team could see them, but I couldnt. I restarted soldat both times and it was fixed

2. Yozizzo told me that his team was invisible. He couldnt see blue team, but only thier weapons.

3. There are some problems when switching teams. For example, if you switch team from spectator to alpha or bravo, you start respawning where your teammates died. Also sometimes you freeze and you have to rejoin the server

4. B2b going on roof was not fixed

5. ctf_Death2 upper route is infested with polygon bugs

6. m79 hits not registering alot :(

Elemental
December 10, 2005, 8:24 pm
Yeah, m79 hits really don't register well; it seems as though it takes a second for them to be killed after they get hit by the m79 :x

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 8:32 pm
Bullet Register Bug ~ Regardless of pings or server quality, shots are hitting but not doing anything half the time.

zoldat
December 10, 2005, 8:46 pm
i cant shot with the barret :it just wont shoot.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 8:49 pm
? English: Enter in bravo team but no choice and does not leave the menu of weapons opened, now it changes for the team alpha and select any weapon. It sees, you will be "born" in the enemy base. Portuguese: Entre no time bravo mas não escolha nenhuma arma e deixe o menu de armas aberto, agora mude pro time alpha e selecione qualquer arma. Veja, você irá nascer na base inimiga.

? English: When finishes a map, many times in the next map it occurs "wron map version & cannot download..." and the person alone obtains to come back to reopen the Soldat. Portuguese: Quando acaba um mapa, na maioria das vezes no próximo mapa acontece "wron map version & cannot download...", ai a pessoa só consegue voltar ao server se reabrir o Soldat.

? English: In the version 131 many polygons suck you as if it was 'sand of the desert'. Portuguese: Na versão 131 muitos polígonos te sugam como se fosse areia do deserto(malvediça).

? English: Many times you join in the server but entering in spectator and it does not obtain to make nothing, to move of teams, to write, nothing... Portuguese: Muitas vezes que se entra em um server, você acaba entrando de espectador e não consegue fazer nada, mudar de time, escrever, nada...

(sorry, i do not speak english)

DePhille
December 10, 2005, 9:06 pm
Okay I have some bugs and suggestions I found already:

1) Request-Servers
When I try requesting new servers I have to click 'Request Servers' , then 'Cancel' and then again 'Request Servers' to get the server list. I've seen other people complaining they couldn't get the lobby servers either but I guess they didn't try what I did ;o.
I really have to click Cancel , if I just wait for it to time out and return an error that blames my connection and then press the request servers button again it still doesn't work. The magic Cancel button really needs to be pressed. this bug came with 1.3.1 Since all other Soldat version didn't have this here.

2) Bonus-view
When you die when you have berserker/predator your Bonus-time (time when you are invisible or in berserker mode) stops counting (still keeps on the screen) and you still view the darker screen of the bonus you were in. I died twice with a bonus and had this problem twice too. The view and bonus-time counter dissappear when you respawn though.

3) Lag? Don't think so...
There's this huge problem with dieing at random times. I get killed and my body just flies away without the message "Killed by Major". I thought this was lag but earlier versions didn't have it as mich as 1.3.1 has it so I think this might be a bug (Server-side?).
Same when I kill someone it does not give the message though his body flies away. After that you also see the astonishing comment in the console saying "Huh WTF?LAG!!1" though our pings were between 16 and 60. After a while the kill gets counted into your score though.

4) Leaving messages
I received leaving messages "Major has left the game" and still they're there (It wasn't the nick Major , so it's impossible that there were two players with the same nick in the room;) ).
I think this bug is caused by team-changing since I've seen alot of bug reports about it.
I also think that this bug could be server-side and not client-side since everyone had the same problem.

5) Interface ranks
Old bug , when you are 10th of 10 players and they all leave your suddenly 10th of one people.
This bug has been here for a long time already but I just thought I'd mention it anyway ;)

6) The strange characters
While playing the game in heavy-action I suddenly got those change characters flooding my screen on the right-hand side again.
They disappeared after some time but I thought this bug was fixed several version ago.
I have only seen one other person having the same problem so I think this is quite a rare bug atm.
The numbers popped up at the exact same time as the weapon-list , I haven't tried pressing TAB then so I don't know if that would help.

7) A fix for spam
It would be nice to see some counter-spam in the next version.
Recently someone had the idea of inserting ASCII messages (You know, those texts that represent huge words) and now alot of people are spamming the room with those messages.
It's really annoying if you were talking with someone , you have to press T to view the bigger console , and yet sometimes the friend's message has even been spammed out of that view too x.x

8) Duplicate weapons
I've seen this bug alot ; people throwing way their weapons and getting a fresh pair of them.
This is probably a client-side problem but I think this should also be prevented server-side , in this way hacks cannot use that feature anymore.
It really happens at random intervals so there's no special action with which you can trigger it.
Also , if the duplicated weapon is a knife , the thrown weapon doesn't always register as being a hit , this also seems to be random :0

9) Spas exploit still exists
In some Uber-1337 Boogie-man spawn-kill0rzz /secretage I had the spas-12 exploit bug again. I heard someone whining in a pub about it and went investigating , it does exist , you just have to wait longer now.

10) Flag disappearances
Flag disappears when it hits the ground sometimes.
It looks like it shrinks into the ground but it respawns at the base again.

11) (Saw) - Severe problem with netcode
There's a severe problem with the netcode I think.
I think it isn't too correct and it's missing packages.
I was playing against some people (saw match) and I couldn't rip them apart. There was a dude AFK and no matter what I did , he didn't die , though the blood squirted out of him. When I ran a few mters further while sawing the guy dropped dead and blood appeared right before my saw in an empty place. Another thing that also happens is when I shoot my M79/barret/saw 1 centimeter BELOW him (below , lag shooting is shooting ABOVE the player , so there's no way that this was lag) he exploded/died. I think the netcode isn't specifying the location of the players correctly or it is off a few pixels but something is sure: It ain't accurate.
For those of you that don't beleive me , there was no lag (0-33 ping).

12) Server crashes
Yes , they're here again.
They just appear mid-game (also with map-changing but thats another bug) , you suddenly get a connection problem and when you rejoin everything is bugged. Player names except yours aren't displaying correctly anymore , console is spammed with 'Connection Problems'.
The strange thing is that the players can still chat with eachother.
The players in the game appear with their right gostek colors in the centre of their spawning place , being stuck , just as your own player.

13) Suicide spams
Something strange, I was playing a game and suddenly I saw lots of suicides coming up the kill-log screen part (left-top). it was really full with like 20 of the same suicides , and it all happened in less than one second.
Someone of these forums was there too I think (He said 'Grtz , DePhille lol' , so he's prolly read that topic :) , was something with samurai I think) , so he saw it too maybe.
Unfortunately I haven't got a screenshot since it was kampf and kills were popping up faster than I could manage to find the F4 button lol. I don't know if this is a cheat or bug , but he got flood-kicked afterwards (so prolly a bug)

I think that's all I discovered so far (concerning bugs)
I have some suggestions that may increase Soldat's performance etc. but this is a bug-report topic eh? :)

Grtz , DePhille

rabidhamster
December 10, 2005, 9:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by zoldati cant shot with the barret :it just wont shoot.
sigh. read the change log.

i don't know what this is about, or how it happened, but i was walking along a tunnel like place in blox (which is the coolest map ever, minus a few wypt bugs), when my head came off and sat above the tunnel, maintaining my player's x value. i walked to the right, and my head did the same. it's like my neck got realllly long or something.

The Geologist
December 10, 2005, 10:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by zoldati cant shot with the barret :it just wont shoot.

Since it doesn't look like anyone wants to tell you, you have to hold down the button longer...it's called a delay, and the gun won't fire unless you hold down the button long enough for it to fire.

Kill messages - When playing 1v1, I get double, triple, and multikillx2 messages when I toss down a couple nades at the enemy.

I'm sure more will come soon enough, some of them have already been mentioned and I'm trying not to repeat.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 11:06 pm
I don't remember from if this was from 1.1.5 to 1.3,
but when you vote in 1.3.1, you get the option
to vote all of the maps, no matter the gamemode.

Hex
December 10, 2005, 11:13 pm
I don't know if it's a dedicated server problem or whatever, but sometimes when the respawn time is almost finishing, instead of finish he increases and increases and increases...

Comandante C
December 11, 2005, 12:07 am
Is it just me or... shouldn't the htf maps contain flags? I tried to start a new htf game, but the flag didn't appear. I restarted and the same thing happened again. And again.. Wierd.

bl00dy_n0se
December 11, 2005, 12:13 am
As I already said, if Xfire is running while playing Soldat my Fps are @ 25 and I can not play like that! Usually I have 80 fps

Rune
December 11, 2005, 3:57 am
Suddenly got some a weird error message popping up while starting soldat. This just happened today, and I didn't change anything since last time soldat was working. Reboot didn't work, so I'm gonna reinstall.

Screen here: http://img400.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bug9oi.jpg

There appears to be some problem with the bgothl file, and I couldn't indentify the process in windows joblist, so I had to boot and then delete the file when the process was not running.

Zero72
December 11, 2005, 6:10 am
I think the register bug may even have happened to me during offline play earlier today. Only once, though, so it might've been just me; I'll update if it happens again.

Despite listed as fixed, the magazine of the MP5 still doesn't detach and fall properly during a reload. It just disappears briefly.

Rabble
December 11, 2005, 6:51 am
I think this happens with all guns, but not sure, i took out my knife, pressed my throw button (gave it a slight tap) and 2 knives came out, 1 hurting me badly giving me about 20% health.

Sneaky Bstard
December 11, 2005, 8:36 am
sometimes when you fire LAW or m79,and /kill before the bullet hits,your body explodes
nothing really bad about it but a bug anyways

not sure if your body hurts other people or not when u do it,or there be some suicide bombers coming soon :o

KiLLeRKloVVn
December 11, 2005, 8:51 am
When closing the game, it doesn't always close. When I get to the desktop it doesn't change back to my normal resolution. Soldat doesn't show in the taskbar, but when I hit ctrl alt del it is still running.

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 12:01 pm
I have too that bug ...But that bug just disiapperd.?

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 12:54 pm
This only happened once so it's not a big deal

-At one point i could not type commands/chat in game or use the esc button. A reconnect fixed that.
-Once I spawned directly into a teamate and kina like stuck to him. I orbited him while doing the same movements that he did, dying when he did, etc. I had to use ctrl+alt+del becuase the above problem was taking place.

May just be server problems, but if it's somthing serious then I thought I should post.

PaulCZ
December 11, 2005, 1:00 pm
- knife dont register all hits too

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 5:35 pm
shooting m79 through colliders.. if you don't believe me look at m79 campers in Maya 2

ramirez
December 11, 2005, 6:18 pm

Flag return bug: Sometimes when you throw flag, it just automatically returns to the base, this is probably the most serious bug that I know in 1.3.1 and hurts the gameplay of CTF a lot. Especially annoying if happens during important tourny match.
Server logging bug: The server logging doesn't work correctly at all. It does not log kills, and creates a new log file every minute. On my 4 dedicated soldat servers, over 18000 log files have been created during 2 days. All of them are empty except for the "Log file started" message at start. This is annoying because I have to keep logging on for the servers that use soldatguardian, because as far as I know soldatguardian checks for updates in gamestat.txt to determine whether server is alive or not.
Knife bug: If there's a knife in the ground and you stand on top of it with another knife as your selected weapon and you are charging it to throw it, and after it's charged and it throws it, it also throws the one already in the ground. Meaning that you can throw two knives at the same time, other one of them is thrown at full speed, other at minimum speed.
Arena2 bug: If you change map to Arena2 the server basically just starts acting weird giving connection problems. I removed the map from my maplist, but it still happens occassionally when players unaware of this problem votes the map. The error that server logs when changing map to Arena2 is this:
Exception EInvalidOp in module soldatserver at 08058BB9.
Invalid floating point operation.
Sometimes you see people's kills/deaths as 65535, old bug but isn't it about time to fix this?
Yesterday I was playing CW, and for some reason it sometimes gave me extra 20 kills when the opposing team scored. My teammate said in the end, when I asked, that I had 19 kills, but for me it showed 59. This happened same time as the 65535 bug, so they might have something in relation, maybe. Also sometimes (in 1.3 at least, haven't noticed in 1.3.1 yet) when you score, your kills don't increase by 20, or in matter of fact at all. When this happens, it is the same for whole game, eg. you never get that 20 for scoring. Weird.
LAW hits are not registering. I have shot 3951851 times someone from like 2cm away and 100% surely hit, but the guy just doesn't die. First I thought it might be lag, but I experience this ALL THE TIME, even when my and the opponent's pings are 16-33 and both are standing still.

DePhille
December 11, 2005, 6:21 pm
Those 'not registering' bugs are actually caused by the inaccuracy of the net code I think (see my post for details)

I didn't have the strange killcount bug yet :/

Grtz , DePhille

Karvinen
December 11, 2005, 6:28 pm
If you try to change team, you get disconnected.

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 6:41 pm
Sometimes, when someone else fires a law, two missiles come out, one shortly after the other. It looks like one missile leaves when they first click, and one when the startup time finishes. I'm not sure if both of them are capable of killing.

Dark_Noddy
December 11, 2005, 8:48 pm
Dunno if this has been reported..

First server I tried after the realease:

Coldnt throw away any other guns then the knife..
when someone dies they drop all the weps forom 1-10 + secondaries (however cant pick them up)
Constant regen effect no matter where U are, flying and grounded...

Rune
December 11, 2005, 11:25 pm
- changing map to Arena2 crashes the server, and you have to restart it.

TIR_Blade
December 12, 2005, 7:23 am
ok, i have m79 research that really really angered me..
Me and messiah decided to go vigilante in our persuit for a greater REGISTERS!
here's our research

MESSIAH
voland- 23 reg's, 6 non = 21% non-registers
laos- 31 reg's, 9 non = 23% non-registers
nuubia- 15 reg's, 11 non = 42% non-registers
b2b- 18 reg's, 5 non = 22% non-registers
OVERALL= 27% NON-REGISTER RATIO!!!!!!!!!!!

BLADE
voland- 22 reg's, 8 non = 27% non-registers
laos- 27 reg's, 12 non reg's = 31% non-registers
nuubia- 31 reg's, 10 non reg's = 24% non-registers
b2b- 16 reg's, 6 non reg's = 27% non-registers
OVERALL= 27% NON-REGISTER RATIO!!!!!!!!

27% NON register ratio is absolutely ridiculous and makes the m79 unusable in a clan war...i risk the success of a map on every single m79 shot, and if they simply don't work then it's my fault that we lose!

Deleted User
December 12, 2005, 9:17 am
quote:Knife bug: If there's a knife in the ground and you stand on top of it with another knife as your selected weapon and you are charging it to throw it, and after it's charged and it throws it, it also throws the one already in the ground. Meaning that you can throw two knives at the same time, other one of them is thrown at full speed, other at minimum speed.

Thats not only with the knife, it goes with any gun. The throw action seems to act twice when you hit F. I always see this happening when I throw down my current gun for another, I walk over it and I throw it as well. Its a bug with throwing in general.

Deleted User
December 12, 2005, 11:18 am
I hate the weapon jam bug.. like if you pick up a weapon shortly after you have thrown away another, your gun's reload bar will be 0 and you cannot fire or change that weapon... you have to throw it on the ground and pick it up again.

this is a very old bug and its time for the fixing of it!

DePhille
December 12, 2005, 12:27 pm
Can't you avoid it by pressing your nade button very shortly?
It's an automatism for me , if I pick up a weapon I press the nade button really short and I never had problems with the weapon bug anymore.

Grtz , DePhille

Deleted User
December 12, 2005, 1:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by DePhilleCan't you avoid it by pressing your nade button very shortly?
It's an automatism for me , if I pick up a weapon I press the nade button really short and I never had problems with the weapon bug anymore.

Grtz , DePhille

That doesnt matter, a bug shouldnt make even the slightest disadvantage during gameplay regardless.

DePhille
December 12, 2005, 2:19 pm
Ofcourse , that's why we are posting the bugs.
I'm just giving a temporarly solution for this problem , helping Psycho so he can play with one annoyance less.
There are probably some solutions to other bugs but I can't just list them out of my head.

Grtz , DePhille

OutofOrder
December 12, 2005, 2:39 pm
This may be a bug or a not-announced fix/change:
Arrows hitting Bonuses: Before 1.3.1, when you hit any powerup (health, grenades, etc.) with an arrow, they would push them away. This isn't happening now (i found this while playing local rambomatch yesterday).

Is it an intentional fix?

Deleted User
December 12, 2005, 3:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by DePhilleOfcourse , that's why we are posting the bugs.
I'm just giving a temporarly solution for this problem , helping Psycho so he can play with one annoyance less.
There are probably some solutions to other bugs but I can't just list them out of my head.

Grtz , DePhille

yeah, I heard that tapping nade button would help. just posting the bug, I dont have so much problems with it now. I dont use the knife much, so im not picking up many weapons from the ground.

thanks tho

Keron Cyst
December 12, 2005, 6:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by PsychoI hate the weapon jam bug... its time for the fixing of it!

Yeah it's a bug but it's also realistic in that guns jam in real life and that usually mean the end of the soldier, just like the soldat :-D I think it should at least be fixed for the Knife, tho' (but then seeing it's a bug that'll proba'ly fix everything else as well).

Deleted User
December 13, 2005, 12:19 am
Perhaps michal intended on the bug. :O

Keron Cyst
December 13, 2005, 2:58 am
He did on the crouch-bug, I know. In the radio interview I recall him saying he purposely refused to fix it, or something like that :-P It's fun. I just wish I knew how to trigger it...

Deleted User
December 13, 2005, 7:27 am
Dont you have to shoot and crouch at the same time, something like that. I remember you have to crouch/prone and hit another key with perfect timing....something like that, maybe he'll tell us.

DeMo
December 13, 2005, 8:24 am
I think the REGISTER thing you all talk about is not really a bug but might be related to the fact that Soldat uses the UDP protocol to send/receive data. UDP doesn't check if a packet has arrived in it's destination or not, so if you M79 someone and that packet never reaches the server than nothing happens, the server simply doesn't know you fired the M79.

In the TCP protocol it's different. The client and server are always notifying each other that they're about to send a packet. If that packet doesn't reach the destination, the client/server asks for it again.

I'm not sure how much work it would take.. but maybe it is time for Michal to consider updating the netcode to make use of the TCP protocol instead of UDP.

Now for some things I've noticed:
Flag drop: I don't know if this is a bug.. but I hate the way you throw the flag away if you are crouched and press the jump key. I regularly loose the flag because of this. Usually I sit (crouch) down to defend myself when I have the flag, and I always jump+jet to go higher. So when I'm there sitting and I want to fly I always end up loosing the flag. Maybe there should be another configurable key in the keyboard to throw the flag.

Server browser: The internal server browser still has problems. It lists (WM) servers even when they are NOT included in the filters. And it also doesn't keep your settings.. for instance: if I check "No bots", play and quit, then the next time I start Soldat the "No bots" entry in the filters is not remembered and is unchecked again.

Invisible stuff: The LAW bullets seem to be fixed, I can see them now. But sometimes I still get killed by invisible grenades and invisible M79 shots. Might be related to the non registering thing?

Grenade kills: I can't get direct hit kills with grenades in the AIR. I throw the grenade at the guy, it explodes in his face upon impact but nothing happens, he never dies. I die a lot by grenades in the air but can't kill anyone with it. On the ground they work fine.

crazymonkey
December 13, 2005, 1:24 pm
There are quite a few bugs, and most of them have been mentioned already, but I am going to restate 2 bugs concerning the flags that is very frustrating.

1. When you throw the flag, sometimes it just randomly returns, giving the other team a pleasant surprise during a stalemate.

2. When throwing the flag strategically to someone, sometimes it goes the complete oppisite direction at full speed. Another pleasant surprise for anybody chasing the flagger.

I hope these bugs are addressed quickly, they are vital and are causing many problems in ctf. Thanks.

ramirez
December 13, 2005, 1:42 pm
Oh yes, one more bug.
When in the end of the game Soldat takes screen, it never shows the scoreboard for me.
Ever.

I think that's because it takes the screenshot too fast, before the scoreboard is shown. And I also know that for most people this works, my guess is that this occurs only with fast CPUs. With slower CPUs writing the screen is significantly slower, so it has time to display the scoreboard, but for faster processors (mine is 3.2 GHz), it takes it too quick. So adding a small delay should fix the thing. That is, if my guess is right.

This bug was also present in 1.3, but at least I got the scoreboard sometimes (most of the time not though), but now I never get it.

moep
December 13, 2005, 3:09 pm
OK, here are my bugs. Many of them have been present in Soldat 1.3 already, but it feels like it has gotten worse.

Autofire Feature: This seems only happen to players with newer Logitech mice. Assigned buttons randomly act as they would be remained pressed. For example: If you release the right mouse button you will still fly. Thats quite annoying. (Also happens to shooting / crouching for me) This seems not to be a pure Logitech problem, due other games run fine with it. In Soldat these situation occour ~twice a minute for me. Other players I have spoken to have this prob. once / 5 minutes. (In 1.3.1 it also affects dropping weapons, although it isn't mapped to my mouse.)

Can't type Bug: Sometimes i can hear a single windows warning sound, as if an access violation would have occoured. After that I can't press F1 or Escape. I can open the console, but I can not type anthing. It's the same for the weapons menu: Weapons can only be selected by mouse. Trying to close the game via Alt+F4 results in a full crash in most cases. Alt+Tab luckily works.

Can't move Bug: This one is similar to the bug above: I suddenly couldn't move anymore. Rejoining helped.

Drop primary weapon: I don't know whether it's a bug or just a bad change of timing: If you change your weapon and hear the knife sound then you should have a knife in your hands wich is ready to be thrown. Since 1.3.1 it happens much more often that you throw your primary instead.

bl00dy_n0se
December 13, 2005, 3:17 pm
Yes, this last bug is realy annoying and I noticed it happening more often in 1.3.1 ;X

Anna
December 13, 2005, 4:31 pm
Just got this while playing ctf:
quote:---------------------------
Warning.
---------------------------
Error initializing 3D Hardware. Your hardware does not support DirectX 8.
Be sure to install the latest video drivers. Now software will be used...
OK

Error
Could not initialize DirectX Graphics.
You must have installed DirectX 8 or better.
Try turning off extra options like Antialiasing.
OK
Soldat closed and when I tried to run it again it gave me the same two messages. I restarted and it's fine now.

Rune
December 13, 2005, 6:05 pm
quote: Original quote by FragBait

When dying my soldier just collapse (No message) - Not every time but a lot.
When enemies die they just collapse - Same as above.
No sound when scoring (In CTF).

+ No "narrgh" sound from the soldier who dies, cursor stays on the screen when you die this way.

Additionally, it doesn't say "Alpha/Bravo scores" when someone caps.

ramirez
December 13, 2005, 7:20 pm
I also had a weird bug that when I threw knife the throw sound came twice (they overlapped each other).
But I haven't got this bug after first time playing 1.3.1, and it doesn't happen on my other computer.

DeMo
December 14, 2005, 5:41 am
quote:Drop primary weapon: I don't know whether it's a bug or just a bad change of timing: If you change your weapon and hear the knife sound then you should have a knife in your hands wich is ready to be thrown. Since 1.3.1 it happens much more often that you throw your primary instead.

Yeah, this is very annoying and happens to me a lot.

There's also another strange bug that happened while I was using the barret. If you throw your secondary weapon and pick up another one on the ground, when you switch to your barret it starts to reload. Doesnt happen often, but is really annoying cause you loose a lot of time.

moep
December 14, 2005, 8:56 am
It happens each time you pick up a new weapon. I think this is a feature to take a little danger from using double primaries.

The Geologist
December 14, 2005, 9:47 am
*Team Change bug

Not sure if this one has been submitted but here goes. Earlier today while palying on the U13 SE server (I believe), I tried to change teams. Switching from red to blue, my screen flickered as though I had left the game. I believe I did leave, but returned automatically. My soldat, name and all, had switched to blue but I was now playing as a Major. My soldat followed me around and shot at me when I shot, until I manually left the server.

Deleted User
December 14, 2005, 10:29 am
There were some bugs mentioned before, but I'd like to add mye $0.02:
REFRESH command ping bug - it was said that it should return number of ticks, but since first version I tried (long time ago), it returns (ping % 256)
Flag scoring bug - it looks like it sometimes doesn't update points for client and data for client differs from data for server

m00`
December 14, 2005, 10:38 am
- Not 100% sure, but when you play a lan game and the map changes, the person thats not hosting gets a connection problem and after a while the hosts player gets [CENSORED]ed up, could somone please confirm this?

Tybs
December 14, 2005, 5:05 pm
I once played a CTF game with a friend of mine, and after a while we got bored. Then i switched maps to arena, not thinking of the fact we were playing CTF mode... but there actually appeared a blue flag in the map :S. No red flag though, it was really odd. The blue flag spawned about in the middle of the map, on the place were usually the bulletproof vests spawn.

quote:Originally posted by ramirezOh yes, one more bug.
When in the end of the game Soldat takes screen, it never shows the scoreboard for me.
Ever.

I think that's because it takes the screenshot too fast, before the scoreboard is shown. And I also know that for most people this works, my guess is that this occurs only with fast CPUs. With slower CPUs writing the screen is significantly slower, so it has time to display the scoreboard, but for faster processors (mine is 3.2 GHz), it takes it too quick. So adding a small delay should fix the thing. That is, if my guess is right.

This bug was also present in 1.3, but at least I got the scoreboard sometimes (most of the time not though), but now I never get it.

Im playing soldat on my new pc, with double processor and 2048 RAM, a lot of cpu... yet i dont have this problem. Therefore, i dont think this bug has to do with the cpu.

Echo_Trail
December 14, 2005, 6:07 pm
This has probable allready been said, but whenever you change team, it kicks you from game!.. But you are still registered ingame, so if you rejoin, you get this <insert name>(1) thing.. Only after rejoining, your old nick erases, and you can actually rejoin for your old nick again :P

Actually i think, 1.3.1 seems a bit unstabile in generel.. Also, there seems to be alot of server failures?
It's a bit ironic, since this was meant to be a bug fixer! :D

Keron Cyst
December 14, 2005, 6:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by AnnaJust got this while playing ctf:
quote:---------------------------
Warning.
Error initializing 3D Hardware. Your hardware does not support DirectX 8.
Be sure to install the latest video drivers. Now software will be used...
OK

Error
Could not initialize DirectX Graphics.
You must have installed DirectX 8 or better.
Try turning off extra options like Antialiasing.
OK
Soldat closed and when I tried to run it again it gave me the same two messages. I restarted and it's fine now.

Yay! I'm not the only victim of the DirectX bug :-P MM probably doesn't want to read this thread or else he'll die bug-fixing...

ragnarok4.14
December 14, 2005, 9:20 pm
sometimes, i push my 'nade key, and instead of throwing a 'nade, my guy just points his gun forwards, as if reloading. and i have connection problems with this one server, but only that server.

Deleted User
December 15, 2005, 4:25 am
quote:Originally posted by DeMoI think the REGISTER thing you all talk about is not really a bug but might be related to the fact that Soldat uses the UDP protocol to send/receive data. UDP doesn't check if a packet has arrived in it's destination or not, so if you M79 someone and that packet never reaches the server than nothing happens, the server simply doesn't know you fired the M79.

In the TCP protocol it's different. The client and server are always notifying each other that they're about to send a packet. If that packet doesn't reach the destination, the client/server asks for it again.

I'm not sure how much work it would take.. but maybe it is time for Michal to consider updating the netcode to make use of the TCP protocol instead of UDP.

^^Totally Agree^^

If that will fix it, I think Michal should definetly implement it, regardless of how much work. If its one thing that makes me want to quit, its this goddamned registering issue.

Tybs
December 15, 2005, 12:40 pm
Think we all agree with extracide here... its just annoying how often the bullets/nades wont register. I would make this bug #1 on the to-fix list :D

ragnarok4.14
December 15, 2005, 4:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by ragnarok4.14sometimes, i push my 'nade key, and instead of throwing a 'nade, my guy just points his gun forwards, as if reloading. and i have connection problems with this one server, but only that server.

scratch that, in a game i have started, no buttons (other than move&shoot) dont work, unless i remap them.

KaOSoFt
December 15, 2005, 7:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by Poop3. There are some problems when switching teams. For example, if you switch team from spectator to alpha or bravo, you start respawning where your teammates died. Also sometimes you freeze and you have to rejoin the serverWhat he says is true; it always freezes on me whenever I try to switch teams in-game. And I have to rejoin. :(

Please, release a fix-release soon, since this can REALLY fu** up the game... it's awful not being able to even teams (I like to be fair).

_Mancer_
December 15, 2005, 7:55 pm
If you throw away the flag (crouch + jump) It returns after like 2 seconds.. this KILLS CTF Gameplay.

Also, there are a ton of bugs when you change teams... IE. making you leave, fusing into another person, creating a duplicate of you..

Tempest
December 15, 2005, 8:13 pm
If a soldat dies right before he kills another soldat, the kill console shows nothing for the weapon that was used to kill. I know this isn't new but it's still there.

Also in addition to those change team bugs, I noticed that on the few occassions that it does work, it respawns exactly where you are standing instead of in your new team's spawn.

quote:Originally posted by Extacidequote:Originally posted by DeMoI think the REGISTER thing you all talk about is not really a bug but might be related to the fact that Soldat uses the UDP protocol to send/receive data. UDP doesn't check if a packet has arrived in it's destination or not, so if you M79 someone and that packet never reaches the server than nothing happens, the server simply doesn't know you fired the M79.

^^Totally Agree^^

If that will fix it, I think Michal should definetly implement it, regardless of how much work. If its one thing that makes me want to quit, its this goddamned registering issue.

I think rewriting the netcode to use TCP instead of UDP would be more effort than it's worth. In my opinion the register issues are more of a result of the netcode design than the protocol. Besides...with TCP you get all those fun problems like packet loss that will probably cause a horrendous amount of lag XD.

3rd_account
December 15, 2005, 10:21 pm
A thesis of mine is that the unregistered hits, which first appeared in Soldat 1.2, exist because of the changes Aquarius did to reduce the lag. Although he succeeded, some bugs were left behind. If so then it would be wise to find that rascal and force him to fix it!

Deleted User
December 16, 2005, 12:53 am
For some reason, ive never noticed registering issues in 1.2.1 like I do in 1.3. I remember being introduced to them in 1.3 and being especially pissed over it.

Other bugs?

- Um, Generally hitting a button and shooting quickly afterward causing your gun to shoot 100% in the opposite direction, is that a glitch? Its been ticking me off as of late, like if you hit r while reloading a spas and fire immediately and your first bullet flies in a 90 degree angle.

Off Topic: New stars, cool. :F

N1nj@
December 16, 2005, 1:18 am
that spas reload bug has been there for ages and if i remembered correctly, MM said he is not gonna fix it.

Deleted User
December 16, 2005, 11:12 am
Yeah, well its not just the spas where its bugged, and its even more annoying with the m79 for example.

rabidhamster
December 16, 2005, 6:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMoI think the REGISTER thing you all talk about is not really a bug but might be related to the fact that Soldat uses the UDP protocol to send/receive data. UDP doesn't check if a packet has arrived in it's destination or not, so if you M79 someone and that packet never reaches the server than nothing happens, the server simply doesn't know you fired the M79.

In the TCP protocol it's different. The client and server are always notifying each other that they're about to send a packet. If that packet doesn't reach the destination, the client/server asks for it again.so THIS is why soldat works almost perfectly is LAN play!

i might as well say that after the random death bug, soldat automatically goes into freecam. just thought i'd say that.

another old bug occurs when the admin /addbots a couple bots onto the map in team clanmatch. they tend to keep their colors. again this is an old bug so it really shouldn't be here.

sande24
December 17, 2005, 10:46 am
i found a bug... You shoot the law missile and type /kill... then the soldat dies in an explosion and the law missile disappears in the air.

Fulltime-K.
December 17, 2005, 7:16 pm
Argh I found some bugs as well:

1. I can't play my own recorded demos. The intro can't played neither.

2. In multiplayer (internet) the sound is diffrent to pick up a gun, than if u play lan. It sounds like picking up grenades.

Keron Cyst
December 18, 2005, 5:19 am
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@that spas reload bug has been there for ages and if i remembered correctly, MM said he is not gonna fix it.

What bug are you talking about? Is it how the shotgun aims straightforward while reloading?

sande24
December 18, 2005, 8:30 am
oh and the reloading bugs still appear... i shot the law, changed weapon and somehow my law became reloaded in 2 seconds. And i had to reload AK again...
1.3.1 is the worst version with the biggest amount of bugs!

Keron Cyst
December 19, 2005, 6:30 pm
Really irritating bug

Sometimes the .EXE takes a long time to load and doesn't appear right away when I run it. Then that, until recently, confuses me into thinking that it closes itself. I then try to run it again (so that there are two Soldat.EXEs running even though Control+Alt+Delete says there's only one), and the second one gives the banner and unregistered thingy when I'm registered! :-/

Deleted User
December 19, 2005, 10:21 pm
After reading through this whole thread I think it's safe to assume that my bugs have not been submitted yet.

Screen Locks Up-This happens to me every single time I play Soldat 1.3.1. I will be playing in a server(any server, doesn't matter), happily blowing people up and shooting people down when suddenly my screen will lock up. It's as if my game has become a very cheaply animated film. It goes from frame to frame every second, leaving out much of the details in between, making it very hard to control myself. The little counter that shows my frame rate also does not tell me of any sort of change, nor does it take anything in particular to trigger this lock up.
Random Port #-I had this back in 1.3, but it's still around so I thought I'd mention it. I frequently use the favorite servers feature and scroll through quickly either using the arrows or the scroll button on my mouse to select a server in the IP box. Quite often, however, a random character appears in my Port # box after I select one. I often don't notice it and click join server only to get an error message saying that '23073n is not a valid Port Number" or something like that.

Rune
December 20, 2005, 10:31 am
quote:Screen Locks Up-This happens to me every single time I play Soldat 1.3.1. I will be playing in a server(any server, doesn't matter), happily blowing people up and shooting people down when suddenly my screen will lock up. It's as if my game has become a very cheaply animated film. It goes from frame to frame every second, leaving out much of the details in between, making it very hard to control myself. The little counter that shows my frame rate also does not tell me of any sort of change, nor does it take anything in particular to trigger this lock up.

I got this in another version too. You just need to install windows updates and it should be fine..

firebug80
December 20, 2005, 5:06 pm
ya there is the sittin bug where u can stand up. this 1 realy pisses me off.

Deleted User
December 20, 2005, 10:29 pm
@Rune-There aren't any for me to download.

Michal Marcinkowski
December 22, 2005, 2:03 pm
The flag bug can be fixed in the next dedicated server patch I think.
As to other bugs, like nade registering and other network issues I have to figure out if they are server or client side.

tartaros
December 23, 2005, 2:53 am
quote:...I think rewriting the netcode to use TCP instead of UDP would be more effort than it's worth....

Maybe, just maybe, there's a reason to use UDP and not TCP.
And if you really knew something about the protocols, you'd know that writing a (good) application using UDP is damn harder, and that UDP is used in about all internet-based games because it's generally faster.

I also got one bug to report: It may be just my imagination, but I think that the health bar somehow doesn't show right. When it shows close to 0 hp, I can still get several hits before I die, that's not ok.

Deleted User
December 23, 2005, 2:57 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystReally irritating bug

Sometimes the .EXE takes a long time to load and doesn't appear right away when I run it. Then that, until recently, confuses me into thinking that it closes itself. I then try to run it again (so that there are two Soldat.EXEs running even though Control+Alt+Delete says there's only one), and the second one gives the banner and unregistered thingy when I'm registered! :-/

yeah I noticed that too... it isnt so irritating tho... not if u have a nifty close button.

but I did wonder why it did that :P

Darkblood_Chief
December 23, 2005, 4:10 am
I Have a bad bug with my server. Each time i make a game, it kick or ban people who get bow, flag or other. It said : He's flooding
And after Ban for 20 minutes, permanently or others.

There is a screen of when someone get the bow for the first, after 2 time, he's banned.
[IMAGE]
Please, is it possible to help me??

DePhille
December 23, 2005, 2:27 pm
The health bar not updating is also most probably a registering bug.
That bug exists with ALL weapons , but the one-shot-one kill weapons are the easiest to notice it on.

Grtz , DePhille

-ReY-
December 27, 2005, 2:06 pm
guys i have 1 MAJOR BUG i really need help
1) I can type max 3-4 words and then when i try to type desepear
Example: ''Yo yo dude'' <-- all ok but Say:Yo yo dude! when i type this Extra char ! all typed before Desepear and looks like ''Say: ''
and now the worst bug ever just look my maps only some STICKS and empty inside here a ScreenShot
if somebody know how to fix it add me to MSN - roshlio6@hotmail.com or email me at roklio@abv.bg
[img=http://img491.imageshack.us/img491/1852/mysoldat6rh.th.png]

-ReY-
December 27, 2005, 2:09 pm
here link http://img491.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mysoldat6rh.png

Deleted User
December 27, 2005, 2:13 pm
ahah wallhax.

My soldat hangs for awhile aswell, but after opening it like 50 times it works fine.

-ReY-
December 27, 2005, 7:50 pm
cant somebody help meeeee !!!! Its like this since i started playng ( 1.2.1 ) and i though thats normal and u use some pach but seems i use ''BUG pach''.Plss i wanna see who take flag ... respwan time ,,,,!

OMG whats this topic for then ... nobody says someing .. nobody helps...

Darkblood_Chief
December 28, 2005, 1:46 am
An other bug : i cant join a game. I always got the message : Wrong server version

-ReY-
December 28, 2005, 6:16 pm
......and i thoough this topic is for helping the guys with bugs....not for posting the bugs only without helping

DePhille
December 28, 2005, 9:13 pm
Small bug:
I've got two screens 'attached' , Number 2 left of number 1.
Soldat's start-up screen is centered half-off the right-screen (can only press OK).
Solution: Instead of getting the screen width and height and centering according to those variables Sodlat should fetch the most left part of the screen and the most right (same with top and bottom) and center according to those variables.

I bet thats the smallest bug ever reported.
Nevertheless , it's a bug.

Grtz , DePhille

Dottor Shotty
December 29, 2005, 2:48 pm
hi all ;)

with the version 1.3.1 I can't play because when I start the game all is diplayed bad. I change the resolution but nothing changes. The botton are huge, there are no write... HELP!

-ReY-
December 29, 2005, 4:33 pm
that hapend to me too , try reinstall it , or download it again but frm another mirror

Dottor Shotty
December 29, 2005, 5:17 pm
mmm no, the problem remain...

DePhille
December 29, 2005, 5:32 pm
Dottor Shotty:
Got to Start->Run and type dxdiag.
Make sure your 'DirectX Version' is 8.1 or above.
Go to the third tab (Display) and click on the buttons "test DirectDraw" and "Test Direct3D" , if they give any errors search the internet for the latest drivers of your video card.
If it still doesn't work then I think your graphics card is unable to support the item(s) where you got the errors.

Grtz , DePhille

Lowhunter
December 31, 2005, 5:03 pm
there is no directx version 8.1! there is direct version 9.

LurkingBassist
January 1, 2006, 8:44 pm
randomly ill go into a crouch position and ill go flying without pressing anything
50% of the time if i look left it'll go right and vicaversa

Deleted User
January 1, 2006, 8:54 pm
lurking, thats a bug thats been also in 1.3.0 its kinda sad that it was never fixed.

Rey, I think bugs in soldat cannot be 'fixed' unless Michal fixes them himself.

Deleted User
January 2, 2006, 11:13 am
@LurkingBassist & DrivenUnder: That's called crouchfloating (<-search), been in for quite a while. Try to look up things before reporting. Just sorting things out. (I have yet to find a bug to report D;)

Deleted User
January 2, 2006, 12:43 pm
Jeez it can be called w/e it wants to be called. Sitfly w/e -_-

Why would I search it anyways your post serves no help. He already knows what it is.

Rooster
January 3, 2006, 5:40 am
quote:Originally posted by -ReY-guys i have 1 MAJOR BUG i really need help
1) I can type max 3-4 words and then when i try to type desepear
Example: ''Yo yo dude'' <-- all ok but Say:Yo yo dude! when i type this Extra char ! all typed before Desepear and looks like ''Say: ''
and now the worst bug ever just look my maps only some STICKS and empty inside here a ScreenShot
if somebody know how to fix it add me to MSN - roshlio6@hotmail.com or email me at roklio@abv.bg
[img=http://img491.imageshack.us/img491/1852/mysoldat6rh.th.png]

Try Rolling back your video drivers, worked for my friend.

-ReY-
January 3, 2006, 9:05 pm
what u mean by rolling bak my video drivers? pls PM me more details i really wanna fix this !! :(

DePhille
January 4, 2006, 12:56 pm
Rolling Back Video Drivers: Installing an earlier version of your video drivers , like the one that shipped with your graphics card itself.

//EDIT: Cog Rouge , would you guess the word "CrouchFloating" when you had such a bug nd never heard of that word? Guess not. So don't get people to search for something they can't name.

Grtz , DePhille

-ReY-
January 4, 2006, 7:37 pm
Umm how do i understnad EXACTLY which drivers are for my Video Card ... pretty hardie

-ReY-
January 5, 2006, 11:28 am
got it :) all i need is to hope after i roll them my soldat be fixed ...

grand_diablo
January 6, 2006, 11:49 am
Strange bugs appeared these days...

At first my Soldat didnt want to start at all (Soldat.exe kept running in the background, but the game itself didnt show up). Then I started it another time while the first start was still running as task. Now it did start (and I could close the first Soldat.exe in the background), but showed me the registration screen after a "banner something couldnt be loaded" msg. Tho, it ran as registered version, as its supposed to (a clanmate of mine reported that his Soldat was suddenly running as unregistered version). After a few times of starting it twice, it now starts at once, but opens a internet browser window calling http://cpanel24.fuitadnet.com/suspended.page/ (which gives out a 403 Forbidden error).

I suppose it has something to do with the banner showing up for unregistered users, but why on earth does it affect registered users?

GreenHornet
January 6, 2006, 4:08 pm
quote:but opens a internet browser window calling http://cpanel24.fuitadnet.com/suspended.page/ (which gives out a 403 Forbidden error).

I suppose it has something to do with the banner showing up for unregistered users, but why on earth does it affect registered users?

Yeah same here. WTF is this http://cpanel24.fuitadnet.com/suspended.page/ [CENSORED]? I am also registered user and every time when I run Soldat that page opens.

I noticed that since 1.3.1 Soldat always connects to somewhere immediately after I run it. I am guessing that this is online registered verification or something like that, but now it's just pretty damn annoying.

MataGyula
January 6, 2006, 8:33 pm
GreenHornet >>> Install Kerio Personal Firewall , and the whe You open soldat, it will tell You /kerio/ that soldat is tryin' to run another application . Simply not allow him to do that , and play :)

GluLm
January 7, 2006, 4:43 pm
Referring to grand_diablo's post, this happened to me too lately. It opens the default browser (mine is Mozilla) and request this page.
This must have a reason to be. Isn't it some kind of ad page? Anyway it's weird, never seens that before indeed.

b00stA
January 7, 2006, 10:07 pm
See this topic about the error on starting up Soldat.

motocrossy
January 7, 2006, 11:51 pm
The intro wont work.

Bendarr
January 26, 2006, 3:47 am
I had a registration from 1.2.1 and it worked fine in 1.3, but now in 1.3.1 my Soldat keeps crashing and i lose registration. People said I'm hacking, but it is not a hacked registration.

JiggaBlue
January 26, 2006, 3:50 am
Bandarr hacks lol

BTW, I found a bug. Its called the barret lololololololololololololololololololololololol

Aegis
January 26, 2006, 7:51 am
quote:Originally posted by BendarrI had a registration from 1.2.1 and it worked fine in 1.3, but now in 1.3.1 my Soldat keeps crashing and i lose registration. People said I'm hacking, but it is not a hacked registration.

Legal keys are not version specific. Keys publicly released on the web are considered stolen/cracked/illegal keys, and are periodically disabled in new versions, producing the results you mentioned. If you got your key from the web, that's proably the reason why, otherwise it might be wise to e-mail Michal with your original order and have him send you a new key.. Er atleast, I do believe thats the procedure =o

From_RASTR
January 26, 2006, 9:25 am
"CeKu ny3aH! uHTePHeT"
You all pidors!!
I'm a klitor commander!!! (K.L.I.T.)
F Bobruysk animals!!!
RASTR HAS You ALL!!!
PA-RA-BA-SHAL-KA OFF ON OFF ON OFF ON!!!
LINKIN PARK DA BEST!!!
SOLDAT RULEZ! AND YOU PIDORS!!!
I'm a klitor commander!!! (K.L.I.T.)
Bbl Bce cyku bla 3anJlaTuTe!!!
Bbl Bce CaMu 6ygeTe y HaC OTcaCblBaTb!!!
BOT'S!!!
I'm a women-dog!!! (C)
P.S. pol'zuyas slu4aem peredaem privet vsemu rastru a v 4astnosti, kanalu LinkinPark: Nitrogen, HybridTheory, TaYa, Yellow_LP, Arienka, Alex_Dee. Vi vse klevie 4eloveki :)
A vi pidori!!!!
Post pisalsa pod muziku LinkinPark!!!
Myararara!!! 6yarararaIIIeHbku!!! ACCKAYA SOTONA vas pokaraet!!! 8-)
P.S. our adress in internet - irc.rastr.net.ru -> #LinkinPark
With love Real and Jimmy

Raptor
January 26, 2006, 3:01 pm
Alright, I think this topic should be locked by now..

From_RASTR
January 26, 2006, 7:30 pm
2Raptor -> pashel ka ti naxyi myden' ebaniy !!! mi skazali 4to RASTR vas parabatit znachit tak ono i bydet !!! VASH BUSH MYDAK !!! ILI KTO TAM Y VAS !!! PYTIN RYLEZZ :-)
With love Russia (Jimmy)...

Raptor
January 27, 2006, 4:40 pm
I did not understand anything you said and I don't care either. And whatever it was, it doesn't affect me :)

Lock the topic!

Deleted User
January 27, 2006, 5:36 pm
well said xD

i say LOCKIT!

raptor for moderator!

From_RASTR
January 27, 2006, 7:51 pm
2Raptor => Hucmeu' cyka bla !!! i'm klitor commander !!! VI VSE SYKI bla OtveTITE !!! VI SAMY BydeTE Y NAS VSE otaSisiVAT' I Vi byDETE PLAKAT' KAK POBItie SHLYhi !!! A POOM MI ZASTAVIM VAS SAJRAT' HASHE DER'MO !!! A POTOM ZASTAVIM VAS SAJRAT' DERMO KATORAE OSTALAS' OT IH DER'MA KOTOROE MI ZASTAVIM VAS SHAVAT' !!!

2HHH => RAZ'EBIS' TI SYKA V LOB ZLAIBYCHIY DADIEB !!! GANOED OSLOF IBAVSHII!!!! CYKA !!! VI BOTY !!!!
RASTR PARABATIT ALL WORLD !!!With loVe in Russia...

From_RASTR
January 27, 2006, 8:07 pm
You [CENSORED]ing [CENSORED], I kill your mother and kick her, I a BOSS of the world! You [CENSORED]in monkey, i'am from Russia!! Russia is the best country in the world, America & Europe, suck my [CENSORED]...
I kill you pidar's...
Ya blad povelitel` klitira, cyku cacat` bydete!! ya ebal v pot vashix materei i otcov, vi dranie byrjyiskiie xyesosi s bezlimitnim Inetom...
You [CENSORED]in [CENSORED]s with unlimit internet, you are all dead muahahaha, Link with me : Irc.rastrnet.ru ==> #LinkinPark or irc.rastr.net.ru ==> #Counter-strike...
P.S You [CENSORED]in [CENSORED]s! Russia 4ever!!
My name is Sergei, my nickname is HybridTheory my email zasranec@rastr.net.ru..... YOU ALL IDIOTS!!! E6aHuE Cyka 6ypjyu!!!!!
Jimmy... yyyy... (-:

Hitman
January 27, 2006, 8:51 pm
LONG LIVE MOTHER RUSSIA!

Raptor
January 27, 2006, 8:57 pm
HHH and me are not Americans. You suck and I told you I don't care how much insults you give me. You'll get baned

LOCK THE TOPIC!!

From_RASTR
January 28, 2006, 4:55 am
You all f#ckin id1ots, my country is RUSSIA THE RUSSIA IS THE BEST IN THIS F#CKIN PLANET and I is very serious man becouse I is clit komander I`am a patriot of my mega country but you dog sh1t and s#ckers I put AK47 and kill you I have in my house big atomic rocket myaxaxaxaxaxaxaxa < its laught
With loVe Nitrogen

headstone
January 28, 2006, 6:26 pm
what?

The End
January 31, 2006, 8:44 pm
Now I'm not quite certain if this is just my computer/connection.
I was in a server where there were frequent "lag stops", that is to say everything freezes for a second or two and then continues. Well during one of them I had just shot with a barret. Then when it continued I was baffled to find that it had registered an interesting amount of richochets. 255 to be exact. This is quite minor harm though.

Most of the other bugs I have faced have already been mentioned.

Bendarr
February 5, 2006, 4:34 am
I reinstalled 1.3.1 and now it WON'T work, at ALL. It gets installed, etc - first time i opened soldat.exe the graphics were messed up, and every time after that it just closed.

GAMEOVER
February 5, 2006, 9:26 am
If your not reporting an actual bug in the game go post in the help section.

Zoltan_aus
February 7, 2006, 10:28 pm
I don't know if anyone has already reported it but I'll say it anyway. I've encountered a spec bug a couple of times, this includes actually seeing the spectators body in game. Doesn't effect anything but just lettin' you know.

-zolt

-VzX- Silverflame
February 9, 2006, 3:13 pm
specs body in game? are u talking bout that shadow man bug?

Zoltan_aus
February 9, 2006, 10:06 pm
Well, you see the spectators hanging body way up high. As I said it doesn't affect anything but Yeah.

-zolt

Nos-D
February 18, 2006, 8:11 pm
- when you change team, sometimes it's start from the same spot you changed the team and not from the respawn spot..

DeeJay
March 9, 2006, 6:04 pm
-Checked the older versions for this bug, but couldn't find it, so here it is:
Try to hold the Fly button.
Press ESC and pause the game (or pause it any way you can)
wait a bit
Unpause and watch your tiny dude fly really high and fast with the jet all spent.

-Unregistered shots
I'm getting quite tired of m79ing ppl and not killing them...

-Random lagged deaths:
When running thru maps in online games, I often die with no cause. There are NO admins nor anybody that can /kill me. I just walk, get lagged, and die. And for you, I know you're thinking this, I'm not falling when I die after-lag.

I think that's all... at least all bugs that I didn't read in earlier posts (other than the unregistered shots one).

GrogBeard
March 26, 2006, 10:11 pm
I found a glitch that if you are hosting, and holding down your jets and you hit pause, everything freezes, except your jet fuel keeps going down, and when you unpause it releases all that stored up energy.
like superjump.

bja888
March 26, 2006, 10:33 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by GrogBeardI found a glitch that if you are hosting, and holding down your jets and you hit pause, everything freezes, except your jet fuel keeps going down, and when you unpause it releases all that stored up energy.
like superjump.

Head that one a few times now. Please search before you post new.

Deleted User
March 27, 2006, 2:16 pm
I have problem.When i change teams i disconnect from server.

-FS- A Server Admin
March 31, 2006, 12:23 am
Okay, I couldn't find this bug anywhere else in the forums:

Basically, today when I got home I started up Soldat as usual, but this time it spawned a popup that said ??(I forget the number the first time)? is not a valid integer value?. Now I?ve never seen this before, so I uninstalled and deleted all of my Soldat versions and folders, then I reinstalled it in C:\Soldat like I usually do. I tried it again, but this time the same error came up but with a different number (??4097901174? is not a valid integer value?). So can anybody either tell me why this is happening/what is wrong or how to fix it/what I have to do?

chrisgbk
April 2, 2006, 7:34 pm
I get that error, and for me, msn plus causes it when I have stuff plug loaded for msn 7.5 at times. If i shutdown msn, force close msgplus.exe, and restart them both it works fine again until next time. your best bet is to reinstall and restart, and check to see if there are any unneeded programs running.

-VzX- Silverflame
April 13, 2006, 4:21 am
what is the "list index out of bounds" pop-up mean exactly and how (if any) can i get rid of it?

-IW-shadowsniper
April 19, 2006, 12:45 am
i have a few bugs they might have been reapeted so srry if they have.
cant remeber name of map i was on >< but it was ctf and the one with red below and blue uptop with the blue flag in a little minivalley. anyways i was on the left edge of the map and i was almost at the top of the map when i went inside the wall and started to REGAIN HEALTH lol dont want to complain tho sometimes when i make a server ,dedicated or non-dedicated, it would randomly kick people for no reason. everynow and then when i join /make a server, i cant see any guns or nades but i can still se explosions and things

Banksey
April 19, 2006, 1:48 am
The first one isnt a bug thats always happened in all versions the map is ctf_voland

mishka
April 19, 2006, 8:54 pm
here is a weird bug for you:
i just joind the server and the map was ctf_Ash (thats normal), but when i spawned for teh first time after join i spawned on top of the map like i mean out side in that map you know how that map is closed all over welli spawned on top, sure i could walk around all as normal.

yea the sit and fly bug is preaty common

catwiesel
May 6, 2006, 6:05 am
 Quote: Originally posted by DrivenUnder
--> posted by me

The sitting bug is still not fixed. I saw some dude in U13 Southeast flying around with jets, in a crouch position.
--> i've seen that and experienced that. press f, pick up your weapon, your good to go (my workaround)

LAW/M79 hits still not registering. ex.) I was in ctf_dropdown and at the bottom I m79ed someone right full contact and they just budged and killed me. o_o
--> VERY annoying and quite common, seen it happen, had it happen - A LOT
btw i know 2 versions:
a) me hitting with m79, no effect on the guy, he says i missed (i think this is lag)
b) me hitting or getting hit, the hit will fly away according to how he was hit, both player experience the same situation. sometimes (e.g. when chasing the flag thief or running with the flag shoting at the followers) player get directly hit by me 2-3 times and wont take damage. i have that happen to me too sometimes (e.g. when capturing the flag and running like hell back) in a row too quick and much to count exactly resulting in a biiig and fast boost but no death, not even hurt. these are direct hits, some on stabbing range and not near or splatter damage hits.
i have the feeling it depends on the server use, more player result in more not-kills but it might be cause more shots are fired.

I threw a grenade at the floor and shot someone above me and it said I killed them with grenade..
--> well hadnt had this exact situation but sometimes nades do funny things. players getting killed by them even if they are miles away - sometimes they just boost the enemy away (or i get boosted away) sometimes nade will kill even with 100% hp. but never ever will your own nade not kill you if you touch it... seen it, had it happen

I joined U13Southeast. I dont think it asked me which team I wanted to join but anyways I joined and I spawned (ctf_laos) in the air to the right of the big mountain thing in blue base. I then started running left but noticed that my team was red and im like, wth. (This happened again but on DETH server.
--> seen and had it happen that player spawn where they are not supposed to spawn

In b2b I shot two law shots at the same time.
--> i had 2 players in the last few weeks who were shooting 2x law in a row in 1 or 1.5secs, i think m79, too. he did not have 2 weapons to switch and i couldnt shoot like him when i took the weapons.

In Voland, at the top (3rd level) I shot a law. It said You Killed Blah Blah Blah. [top right it showed it too] and I ran over and checked, and he was still sitting there. He probably got hit or not but he didnt die when it said he did.
--> maybe he respawned right where he died. ive seen it and had it happen to me

In Viet, on Bravo.. I pressed the drop wepaon w/ m79 and while I held it down, it would try to through it away but it didnt after mayeb 10 tries.
--> had that one too 1 or 2 times

In B2b, I naded this guy and he went through the ground landing on the second level.
--> ive been naded through and in the ground too by enemies but thats very very rare^^

Sometimes when I change teams... for example. Its happened like 5 times already. Im on blue team and I change to red and I spawn in blue base as a red. So Im usually like wth.
--> seen it and had it happen but its quite rare

When I decide I wanna change teams, I change but it kicks me out.
--> very very very common. maybe 1 out of 10 team changes will me let stay in the game

The flag when thrown or lost, returns in like 1 second. (sometimes more, but why are the times so random??) Goodd.
--> seen that too, i wondered maybe server setting but sometimes i get a funny feeling but wouldnt think of bug yet (maybe should watch it more)

--> mouse problems (since my logitech g5 or soldat patch)
never had this until i got a my new mouse and installed newest soldat to play after a long break.
sometimes i press mb2 (jet) and nothing happens so i need to press mb2 again and the jet works. sometimes i release mb2 and jet keeps on going until i press and release it again. same for mb1 (shoot) - sometimes i shoot m79, it reloads and shoots again without me pressing and will do so till i press mb1
this happens maybe 1-2x in 1h play. in no other game or application could i detect similar mouse problems so at the moment i think its soldat itself or maybe the combination. anyone similar problems or maybe a fix? ^^

--> cant write text or exit soldat
sometimes in middle of a game my computer is peeping short bursts in a 30-60sec intervall. then i can press t but not write any text in chat. or i cant press esc to bring up the menu. ctrl-alt-del and kill soldat application only way out. playing is possible though

--> search filter not working as intended (?)
a)still get passworded servers with enabled filter not to
b)i dont know if this is a bug or working as intended, without enabled filter for realistic only or survival only i find some and since there is no way of telling until you join i think maybe i shouldnt find them in the first place without the filter options enabled

hope this helps with the fixin, i love soldat but a few of these (more frequent) bugs really harm the fun for me

hhhelevator
May 18, 2006, 4:17 am
hey.... i tried to play soldat (i have it registered) but it said that soldat.ini could not be opened and had to be reinstalled? Anyways, i did this, and reinstalled everything, and the same window popped up, saying I should reinstall soldat. What do i do?

hhhelevator
May 18, 2006, 4:30 am
k new update.. ive redownloaded it twice.. and now i cant even redownload it

ThE SNIPES
May 19, 2006, 4:15 pm
i dont know if this has already been found but...
i get down to like 10% health and get a medkit and my health bar dissapers
its happened on a heal block too it just dissapears
its full heath and it goes down once you get hurt tho

deadbeat
June 4, 2006, 11:55 am
 Quote:Originally posted by -VzX- Silverflamewhat is the "list index out of bounds" pop-up mean exactly and how (if any) can i get rid of it?

Yeah, I have this problem as well, and its very annoying. What happens is that the game freezes after playing for a while and this windows pop up appears, List Index Out of Bounds (0) and there's only OK, and even though I click it, it will reappear. Then once I'm in windows, I can't get back into the game. If I click anyone on the game window (still freezed), the screen will switch back to Windows with the game minimised.

Any solutions? This has been very irritating, especially if i'm just about to win and it does this

chilenoloco
June 4, 2006, 3:14 pm
anywho, so apparently i kinda found somethign relating to this in this topic, but immediately when i started soldat, the message '226------' is not a valid integer value' twice, and it totaly screwed up in fullscreen, i clocked on "ok" on the window and another two then ok again, and another two, seemed everytime i deselected soldat, two more came up, THEN i tryed windowed, i was able o click both lil popup windows with the invalid integer message, but everytime i tryed to start a game, they would pop up again... also reinstalling didnt help, i also turned off nearly everything but windows lol so besides reporting this, i would really, REALLY like some help on how to fix this lol :)