( search forums )
The Deagles in 1.3.1
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
MisterX
December 13, 2005, 9:08 pm
Even though the Deagles are (probably now 'were'...) my favorite weapons for a long time now, I'm not sure what happened to the Deagles. Were they changed from 1.3 to 1.3.1? It seems that now they're just damn easy to use again, like in 1.2.1, whilst many people complained about how weak and unuseful they were in 1.3. So what happened? Has there been any change?
At least in this version I'll be using Ruger again I suppose..

reckon
December 13, 2005, 9:25 pm
The bullets travel straighter, dont they?
Edit:
Upon wep.ini inspection, nothings changed...
Hmm, weird.

MisterX
December 13, 2005, 10:09 pm
I had the same impression. If it's true Michal did this: Why, please, why?! The Deagles were fine! Perhaps generally in 1.3 they were a little too uneffective, but now that Ruger and other weapons got nerfed, they definitely didn't need to be made any easier. I don't want this to be a noob weapon like it was in 1.2.1. But it seems as if that's just what it's like in 1.3.1 :(

I'll check it myself tomorrow. But if it's true, please change it back with the next fix for this version. The Deagles are just too easy now. And since the Ruger got changed, the old Deagles (in case it was changed, bla) would do just fine. I don't want this to be a noob weapon..

DragonSlayer
December 13, 2005, 10:31 pm
Deagles are good in 1.3.1. in my opinion.

MisterX
December 13, 2005, 10:44 pm
Too "good". At least too easy.. I don't want this weapon to be ruined. In 1.3 it got to be a weapon which needs a little more skill again. Don't waste this again :( Soldat should be balanced, but it also should need skill to mastering it. I understand that the aiming of automatic weapons is pretty easy. But this shouldn't count for the semi-automatics as well.

N1nj@
December 13, 2005, 11:28 pm
maybe it's just you MisterX...

LazehBoi
December 13, 2005, 11:38 pm
I think it's just you. I don't have any problem with them and i've been using almost all of the weapons recently.
Mind you i've barely seen anyone use them save chak, and that wasn't for very long at all.

MisterX
December 13, 2005, 11:46 pm
Ok, I've talked crap btw. It seems the bullet curve only depends on the speed, which hasn't changed from 1.3 to 1.3.1 I think. Perhaps it's really just my imagination since some people told me how easy the Deagles are or so. I'll try it out a little more.

DragonSlayer
December 14, 2005, 10:38 am
Well, Deagles do feel better now but it could be because almost all the other weapons aren't as good as in 1.3. I don't think Deagles are overpowered. If anything, they were slightly underpowered in 1.3. I think they seem to be fine now.

papasurf31
December 15, 2005, 3:31 pm
Yeah, I think it's simply a matter of contrast. As you said, many of the other weapons got nerfed, so maybe it only seems the deagles are better because they stayed the same. Personally, I've always thought the deagles were really good, especially in realistic, which is what I play most of the time.

MisterX
December 15, 2005, 3:57 pm
Demonics just told me that the bullets start "falling" later. Michal changed the bullets somehow, because of the bug that one bullet got ricochet'ed on the ground.
Actually I prefer bugfixes instead of changing features so a bug just can't occur anymore :(

Michal Marcinkowski
December 15, 2005, 4:47 pm
I didn't change anything with the Deagles. I only fixed the bug you mentioned. The bullets are a little bit closer to each other than in previous versions when they are fired, maybe it makes a difference.

MisterX
December 15, 2005, 4:59 pm
Hm... perhaps Demonics was wrong then. So it seems I've talked crap twice now, hm..
I guess I'm gonna install 1.3 again and compare the deagles of both versions.