( search forums )
Wrong map version more serious.
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
KnOt
December 14, 2005, 5:02 pm
It seems to happen a lot more now.

Now, I can predicts when it's going to happen obviously cos everything goes funny. So I just rejoin rather than wait for the server to kick me. But if you do wait for the server to kick you then when you try to rejoin the server it will say 'could not download file' or something. SO you have to restart soldat for it to work again.

grand_diablo
December 14, 2005, 8:28 pm
it only says "could not dl file" if its a default map, as far as ive noticed (means: if its existant in this .txt that sets the files that cant be overwritten).

KnOt
December 15, 2005, 4:43 pm
Yeah.. I didn't mean it happens when you don't have the map. It's just the wmv bug with default maps as usual.. Although you can't even rejoin normally now, so it is pretty serious.

Michal Marcinkowski
December 15, 2005, 4:44 pm
I think it might be because all the maps have been recompiled and probably a lot of servers didn't replace the maps.

grand_diablo
December 15, 2005, 8:59 pm
yeh, but since the default maps are listed in the readonly.txt, the new version arent downloaded after a wmv error. So temporary removal of the "/map/*" entries in this txt should solve Knots problem, I think.

Michal Marcinkowski
December 16, 2005, 6:13 pm
Well that's the point of readonly.txt so you don't download different versions of the original map. If you must play on the server then ok, you can remove the file from readonly.txt.

KnOt
December 16, 2005, 8:16 pm
Is there anything that you can do about the wmv bug in general? I noticed it seems to be mostly client side? Because for some people it hardly ever happens, and for others like me it happens more often.