( search forums )
Death Icons
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Rambo_6
December 22, 2005, 9:23 pm
Yeah, this was floating around in my head for a while. I've been thinking that soldat could do with some death icons to go in the top right corner, instead of sized-down images from the main menu.

The reasons for this are:

1. If your images are slightly too wide/tall, then they get messed up in the top right.
2. It would add another element to modding.
3. It would look nicer in general.

I know i posted it in the game suggestions area, but what do you guys think?

Also, you may have noticed i've been quite absent for a while. This is because i'm making a 3d (3d as in not sidescrolling either) lua version of soldat that will work with Garry's mod version 9.0.1. So far i have all the guns done (except for the M79) and i've managed to create an infinite ammo script and a basic Jet Boot script. I've been unsuccessful at giving the guns custom sound effects, unfortunately. Among other things, i've got a Spawn Model limiter (no retarded looking stalker models or G-man models) and console commands allowing you to swap teams. There is a simple LUA gun selecter menu that pops up when you spawn, which i am planning on making a better interface for. I'm also trying to make 2 gamemodes, CTF and TDM.

I can post a few developer screens if you guys want :)

Psyl3ntShad0w
December 22, 2005, 10:00 pm
sure im curious

reckon
December 23, 2005, 12:41 am
Also Id like to see the death console moved more into the corner to square it away from the action taking place on screen.

Rambo_6
December 23, 2005, 7:55 am
Ingame screens:

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Also, i had a few action scenes i made myself. They're kinda obsolete, seeing I want the only playermodel allowed to be the combine police.

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Also I should note that some of these screens are outdated already, i've been making steady progress with this.