( search forums )
barret / m79 !!!!!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Developers Corner
EternalDarkness
January 24, 2006, 1:56 am
ok first in going to say im going to flame all i want because u ppl are just going to flame me any way.

ok the barret... wtf it the purpouse of a sniper rifle in real life. huh huh do u think a sniper rifle is modded in real life so it make it more fair for the enemys. i think not! another thing what do snipers do in real life huh huh they camp and pic the enemy off! oo the snipers are to powerful!! ... um so in real life a [CENSORED]ing sniper can pic a guy off from 5 miles away. what im trying to get to was the barret was fine in 1.3 who cares if they camp if ur even any good at the game u would know how to doge it (like i do) stop wining u noobs *hint* the barret takes 10 secs to reload and 4 secs to shoot count in ur head then doge. Barrettards (as u panseys call them) are the easyest damn things to kill. and next time u get killed by a barretier say gj cuse there doing thier part by keeping noobs away from their flag!

The Geologist
January 24, 2006, 3:15 am
Um...this is the wrong part of the forums. And does this even have a point huh huh does it?

I'm guessing someone yelled at you when you used the barret and you got very angry. Such is Soldat.

CrazyKid980
January 24, 2006, 2:26 pm
Here's some tips:
1.) LOOK at where you posted it.
2.) That's online gaming, there'll always be someone who'll complain, just tell them to stfu, its part of the game.
3.) STFU

_Mancer_
January 24, 2006, 2:54 pm
The furthest distance a portable sniper rifle can fire and be accurate so far is 2.7 Kilometers or something around that. Hardly 5 miles.

Outcast
January 24, 2006, 3:05 pm
for 5 miles you'd need one gigantic [CENSORED]in' scope. And a gigantic rifle:

Deleted User
January 25, 2006, 5:53 am
and not much bravery

rapterion
January 25, 2006, 8:54 pm
Well for the most part I agree with this post (although it really is in the wrong forum), I think the whole charging thing with the barret is stupid, however I think a better solution would have been to make it so that you can only use the barret while crouching/laying down (and for god sakes why can people still lie down in mid air this is physically impossible in real life, dont believe me? try it, jump off a building and try and change your angle in mid air.).

The biggest problem with the barret before was it wasnt really used as a sniper rifle so much as the equivalent of a quake railgun, people ran around with it.

EternalDarkness
January 25, 2006, 9:17 pm
lol yah the point is that the barret is fine. it would be better if u had to crouch or prone to fire. and yes there are trained sharp shooters in real life that can pick ppl off from 5 miles and i nvr said what size the scope would have to be to do so.

main point is that ppl shouldn't complain about the barret(snipers = camping)

Deleted User
January 26, 2006, 8:47 pm
lol to enesce's "and not much bravery"
and rapterions "(and for god sakes why can people still lie down in mid air this is physically impossible in real life, dont believe me? try it, jump off a building and try and change your angle in mid air.)."

rotfflmfao to both of those

Yuth
January 27, 2006, 5:37 am
The charging time on the barret is a good thing.

rapterion
January 27, 2006, 3:01 pm
No the charging on the barret is not a good thing, in real life we dont change weapons to make them more fair for our enemies.

some american soldier -- "damn I just hate it when those canadians shoot me with their fully automatic rifle, I wish they would be more considerate and put a charge up on their machine guns like us considerate americans."

On the other hand we are limited by certain physical constraints where the barret is not, I think that the barret should have some kind of scope circle when its being used, like all the time, even when not zoomed, that way people again couldnt run around with it using it like an uber powerful pistol.

Deleted User
February 2, 2006, 11:11 pm
"What is the purpose of a sniper rifle in real life?"

Dude, you're joking, right? And wtf are you thinking putting this in the developer's corner? As for the charge time thing on the barret, I think it's good because I always thought the charge time was like when your dude has to stop, take aim, and fire, and I think it should be about 2 seconds of charge for standing, 1 for crouched, and instant fire if you're prone. Reasonable pople can agree or disagree.

Nuts
February 3, 2006, 12:12 am
In real life we dont respawn, think that.

ITS JUST A GAME.

GAMEOVER
February 3, 2006, 4:15 am
If you dont like the weapon DONT USE IT!