( search forums )
Project RedBlack, Download Toy #1
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Developers Corner
shmakland
February 16, 2006, 3:02 am
[IMAGE]

Download Toy1_Aiming.exe, 236 kb for Windows XP

I just made a little aiming demo. It's not very interactive but the character aims at your mouse realistically, meaning his elbows bend appropriately.

This took quite a bit of math and tweeking, so it's definately going into the game after all that work. I suspect I can make this work for other things such as dragons, octopi, anything really. Such aiming features will be available in the character and animation editor.

I hope to have weekly or biweekly toys for you folks to download, to show that I actually am working on the game.

Aegis
February 16, 2006, 3:36 am
What language are you working on this in?

shmakland
February 16, 2006, 4:53 am
 Quote:Originally posted by AegisWhat language are you working on this in?

C++, and using OpenGL graphics.

rabidhamster
February 16, 2006, 5:06 am
yes! you're back!

god i love your programming. another fine work of art.

Soulsnipa
February 16, 2006, 5:20 am
[IMAGE]

My guy had enough of me playing with him :(. A Runtime error came up next saying "Runtime error XXX" Your player doesnt like you and killed himself, Contact Administrator.

If you have no sense of humor, post random webpage errors in the forthcoming posts.

Deleted User
February 16, 2006, 6:00 am
404 - Funny not found.

shmakland
February 16, 2006, 7:19 am
enesce it works fine for me, try again you have to click on the download button.

m00`
February 16, 2006, 7:24 am
LOL! shkmakland your so silly <3

Soulsnipa
February 16, 2006, 7:57 am
lol shmakland he was making fun of me, not actually saying there was an error.

shmakland
February 16, 2006, 8:09 am
I thought that was part of your signature, now don't I look silly :P

shmakland
February 16, 2006, 8:11 am
m00' is it alright if I use your public upload from now on? Then I won't have to look around for hosts.

Elephant_Hunter
February 16, 2006, 8:53 am
Seems great so far. I like how you are working with ragdoll-like puppet things. The example is realistic, but didn't quite look right. I googled it and apparently the stance is wrong. Here's an example of proper larger guns.

m00`
February 16, 2006, 9:02 am
 Quote:Originally posted by shmaklandm00' is it alright if I use your public upload from now on? Then I won't have to look around for hosts.

hence the word public :p

I would recommond making an account and using the private uploader, on http://m00.u13.net (register, log in, click any link to refresh page, then click on options on the bottom)

the private m00net uploader is recomended because the public uploader isnt very safe (its gotten hacked like 3 times) ;/

Deleted User
February 16, 2006, 10:51 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Elephant_HunterWhat you have right now would be better suited for larger guns.

That would look silly, unless the game had some relation to chicken wings.

Elephant_Hunter
February 16, 2006, 4:59 pm
Actually, it would look really cool if the players changed to the correct stance when using different guns. I'm not just talking about realism, but the quality of the gameplay. This would allow for more creative weapons later on. You don't hold a grenade the same way you hold a gun, right?...

Deleted User
February 16, 2006, 5:31 pm
that is indeen realistic.. GREAT JOB!!!

Raptor
February 16, 2006, 10:32 pm
The little soldiers on Soldat should aim like that =D

Deleted User
February 16, 2006, 11:43 pm
well.. they just about do:p

rapterion
February 27, 2006, 2:41 pm
I dunno about the stance thing, if all the soldier guys walked around with a stick up their butt, the game would look awfully silly.