( search forums )
downloading files from the game server.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Developers Corner
Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 9:31 pm
has anyone tried connecting to a soldat server and downloading the maps/scenery with out being in game? I.E. Telnet or ssh. if you connect to the the servers download port thourh telnet you get:
 Quote:
STARTFILES
ENDFILES

and on the server end you get:
 Quote:
File Request: C:\soldat

just wondering if anyone else has tried i. id like to throw something together to download the custom maps and scenery from servers without being ingame.

KeFear
March 8, 2006, 9:36 pm
This has already been done by Enesce.

FliesLikeABrick
March 8, 2006, 9:55 pm
to expand on that a tad more, he made a program that allows you to download everything from a server without being on it

edit: nevermind, dumbass me didnt finish reading the first post, therefore didn't realize that the first reply covered everything I just said ;)

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 10:58 pm
do you know how its done? i know it seems like i want to copy codeing half the time that i ask questions but i just wanna know how it all works ya know :P

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 11:12 pm
All it does is, you enter the map you want, and it will then send the file request to the download port and after it has received the "STARTFILES" message, all the data received from the server is saved to file, then once ENDFILES is received, its done.

mar77a
March 8, 2006, 11:25 pm
Yep, type tyhe map name, with the path ("maps/Arena.PMS"). You have to save it in a .PMS file. Btw, it will only allow PMS files.

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 11:51 pm
when i type it in telnet i get no response from bothe the server and the client

Deleted User
March 9, 2006, 2:48 am
Connecting to the game port +10? (EG: Players join port 23073, you connect to port 23083 TCP)

Deleted User
March 9, 2006, 9:03 pm
yea its in my first post

KeFear
March 10, 2006, 8:49 am
You can't connect to game port +10 if Allow_Download = 0 in soldat.ini NETWORK section.

Deleted User
March 10, 2006, 9:14 pm
its set to allow downloading