( search forums )
Expanded gosteks
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Captain Ben
May 28, 2006, 2:51 am
Pretty simple actually.
I, for example would like my Soldat to have a pegleg, but if I was to ever to edit the gostek, both legs would be peglegs. WHat I'd like to see would be 'nogaleft.bmp' and 'nogaleft2.bmp'. If that happened, I'd be able to have one pegleg, one hook for a hand, armbands on only one arm and only one forearm with claws coming out of it, etc.
Basically, instead of having one gostek for 2 parts of a soldat's body, each part would be a separete .bmp.

Let's hope that made sense.

rabidhamster
May 28, 2006, 3:27 am
It'd only take Michal a couple hours, why not?

MOFO NOFO
May 28, 2006, 4:07 am
Now how about those mods with only 1 leg gostek for each side

Captain Ben
May 28, 2006, 7:50 am
Atleast I coul;d finally mod my soldats to look like hopping snakes :D

Unlucky 13
May 28, 2006, 8:54 am
It's a very good idea, but as Mofo Nofo brought up, what about backwards compatability with old mods?
Maybe if the *left.bmp and *left2.bmp file does not exist, it automatically uses the normal, for example, noga.bmp?

Quick edit: Noticed I said "normal". By that I mean the one that comes from the mod, not the Soldat original.

Edit in reply to Nofo's post 29 May 2006 : 02:07:13 :-
(By and by, I try to avoid posting more than once on a page in Improvement/Suggestion threads, now get back in your cage)
Heh, I never even thought of that, but it matters, I wouldn't REALLY want to go through the files and do that, but... if't'd save Michal some time, why not.

MOFO NOFO
May 28, 2006, 11:14 am
But the gostek folder will still have the left and right noga, so an mod would have 1 leg normal and 1 leg modded.

xtishereb
May 28, 2006, 3:34 pm
Great idea. This would be great. It's not so complicated, but it does open up all kinds of modding oppertunities. Big problem is the backwards compatability, I think Unlucky 13's idea works.

Captain Ben
May 28, 2006, 11:38 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Unlucky 13It's a very good idea, but as Mofo Nofo brought up, what about backwards compatability with old mods?
Maybe if the *left.bmp and *left2.bmp file does not exist, it automatically uses the normal, for example, noga.bmp?

Quick edit: Noticed I said "normal". By that I mean the one that comes from the mod, not the Soldat original.

Good point... a program methinks would be the best for this to choose which .bmp corresponds with a body part.
ie. You could open up this 'program' and choose 'nogaright.bmp' for both legs or if you wanted to have 'nogaleft.bmp' for both legs.

MOFO NOFO
May 29, 2006, 2:07 am
or copy + paste + rename nogaright to nogaleft

EDITED to comply with unlucky's edited post:

Or we can have it in another folder? like a team 2 thingo except called "other side" or something

Deleted User
May 29, 2006, 1:57 pm
This is funny suggestion... ME LIKES ^__^

Yuth
May 30, 2006, 1:19 am
I like it - F##k the old mods and make new ones.

(And I'd really like to see Custom Gosteks Online).
[URL]

Captain Ben
May 30, 2006, 7:09 am
Yuth, your signature has too many lines of text... i think you're only allowed four.

Quote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFOor copy + paste + rename nogaright to nogaleft

EDITED to comply with unlucky's edited post:

Or we can have it in another folder? like a team 2 thingo except called "other side" or something

Yeah prbably the best way to do it, as there'd be less files and it would be easily backwards compatible.

EDIT: Because I don't want to spam or say anything irrelevant to the topic, but your sig is seriously way too big. Unless you want to get it screwed around with, you could probably just make it smaller by putting everything next to eachother and /url-ing them all.

Yuth
May 31, 2006, 3:04 am
Only allowed four lines? - I am advertising the Topics.
If they want to ban my account for such a reason then so be it.

?
May 31, 2006, 8:26 am
3 words... Michal Jackson glove

MOFO NOFO
May 31, 2006, 8:30 am
3 Words. I Dont Get It.

?
May 31, 2006, 8:32 am
 Quote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFO3 Words. I Dont Get It.

SHAMONE!