( search forums )
Update
Soldat Forums - Official Announcements - Official News
DNA.styx
November 4, 2002, 2:08 am
(Posted by Michal on the home page)

I decided to post a little news about the work progress of the new version of Soldat. The next release will have version number 1.1.0, so there will be a lot of changes:
- most of all graphics - a lot of new scenery, better textures, "smooth" maps (more polygons)
- sounds - everything will now have a sound, you'll have to hear this :)
- network cheat protection
- new game mode
- proning
- new Survivor Mode and Realistic Mode
- new Map Maker with lots of new usefull functions
Much has been done and there is still much to do, so you'll have to wait a while. Here are two screenshots from the Map Maker and from the game:
alphascreen-mapmaker.jpg (208kb)
alphascreen-abel.jpg (134kb)

If you want vote for Soldat here - MPOGD - Soldat

sauron_the_deceiver
December 29, 2002, 5:51 pm
except its the 29th today.
CtrlFrk: good idea, just need someone who programs to make an official soldat supplement for michal that contains vehicles. think about it, halo except with the coolness of soldat. this idea would go well with 192.168.0.3s mod...

Mossy
December 31, 2002, 4:13 pm
Yea veicles would work really well, just put them in the right spots with a mapmaker and make sure that can manuver around your map. Sauron the Deceiver is right, If Halo can handle it - why wouldn't Soldat. Plus Soldat's would be so much less programming than halo, since halo is 3D. There are a lot of things that Michal could add that wouldn't hardly slow anyone down, and game connection can be improved/ but thats all in the experience of Michal...

Knuckles
December 31, 2002, 9:54 pm
When arrives new version 1.10?

cynos
December 31, 2002, 9:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chaosmongler
Okay, I have a concern for us with crappy computers.

I run a 4 mb ati rage pro..

I already had to set the item transparencies off..

These new textures will probably lag me to death.

Will there be any way to decrease them/reduce polygon count?

Please say yes..

Hehe, same for me, the flags looks funny without trans... ;)

mak89gt
January 2, 2003, 4:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by Knuckles
When arrives new version 1.10?

dunno, but it looks like the forum moderators are testing a beta version!

sauron_the_deceiver
January 2, 2003, 5:59 pm
hm. soldat wouldnt work with planes. i suppose a Banshee would be out of the question.
if the beta has been released then it means Michal will most probably be testing net play at the mo. think about that and decide when it will come out.
Mossy: just 'Sauron' the rest is irritating to type.
mak89gt: nice avatar.

Mossy
January 2, 2003, 10:02 pm
ok Sauron - yea your right about typing the hole thing,

anyway - Helicopters would be the easiest to control for aircraft on Soldat. Veicles would have to be tanks or hover crafts - but of course if there were veicles there would have to be a veiclemaker!!!!!!!!! This way veicles would be input into maps and whateve fits the map correctly would work. Because on maps that have certain characteristics would have to have only a certain veicle to maneuver.

sauron_the_deceiver
January 2, 2003, 10:49 pm
we would need bot vehicle waypoints ARGH.
vehicles would be fun but limited because maps would need to be huge and flat. unsoldatty.
just imagine the size of a plane map! BIG ASS!

Mossy
January 2, 2003, 11:00 pm
I just said that planes wouldn't work - helicopters slightly faster than soldats.

veicles wouldn't need waypoints - same as bot waypoints, remember soldats jump in the veicles to move around. - It should be a beta release, not an official version, just to test and see if it works and if ppl will like it.

the maps wouldn't have to be flat - the veicles could just maneuver very well - it's not like we will be using real tanks, something inventive - cmmon' dude, we already have jetpacks lol

sauron_the_deceiver
January 3, 2003, 12:08 pm
mossy: good point. maybe if soldat included tanks with VERY dextrous tracks. bendable and all that. helicopters would be funny if you could tilt really far forwards and dice the soldats up!

mateenjahanmiry
January 3, 2003, 7:51 pm
Yup, go ArcWolf, Homer's expression is a cc of mine [:)]

-Soldier-
January 3, 2003, 8:45 pm
Damn i cant [:-censored]in WAIT>.... its January 3rd.... Should be here VERY soon

sauron_the_deceiver
January 3, 2003, 11:07 pm
maybe not so soon. its still in beta remember.

-Soldier-
January 3, 2003, 11:10 pm
But he said that it would be out by the end of this year... Didnt he?

littlewhoo
January 3, 2003, 11:31 pm
3D Realms said, that Duke Nukem Forever would be released in 1997. Didn't they? ;-)
That's the problem with software development. It always takes longer than expected.

You should look at the positive side of it. A delayed release date of Soldat 1.1 means less bugs in the game.

Mossy
January 4, 2003, 12:06 am
- veicles - does anyone else have a Q or statement about it? - Cause if not, it must be a neat idea, just to try in a alpha or beta release!

- v1.1.0 release - ...what if it's ready and Mike can't access his site or something... - Does anyone have direct contact with Mike? Cause that would be a good question.. well either if he can't release it because of the site or he isn't ready to release the full v. ... I dunno

-Soldier-
January 4, 2003, 12:53 am
I hope its out soon....

onehitwonder
January 4, 2003, 2:03 am
If you want michals e-mail go to my website. It has a direct link

sabba
January 4, 2003, 2:23 am
[:-censored]

(Currently a selected number of people are testing v1.10 Beta, it is not the completed version. This beta was given to just a few people and is not for public distribution.

We have been asked by Michal not to post any more details about the beta than he has don't.

Do not download any betas of soldat unless you recieve them from Michal, he can't be held responsible if they contain virus or backdoors that will cause damage to your computer. - DNA.styx)

onehitwonder
January 4, 2003, 2:54 am
thanks alot for partially ruining the new version

sabba
January 4, 2003, 5:29 am
hey yeah [:-censored]? watch me ruin it just like i did with 1.0.5b if you dont shut your trap.

Ardaen
January 4, 2003, 5:45 am
Heh, hopefully I wont hafta make too much more software I'm not the best coder in the world. Maybe I should actually learn c++ so I dont run into problems every time I try to use classes and templates.

"Darn it"* Sabba, u and 'your friend' getting the software before me. You already got the easier job [:-weepn]

*Sorry, I almost used inappropriate language to describe my feelings about sabba getting the beta [;)]

DNA.styx
January 4, 2003, 12:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by Mossy
!

- v1.1.0 release - ...what if it's ready and Mike can't access his site or something... - Does anyone have direct contact with Mike? Cause that would be a good question.. well either if he can't release it because of the site or he isn't ready to release the full v. ... I dunno
Michal's been in the Beta testers forum a couple of times over the last days. v1.10 is still not realy for release. He didn't have any comments on teh reason why the HP is down at the moment.

-Soldier-
January 4, 2003, 7:31 pm
Damn....I cant WAIT....

But it's better that it comes out later better and w/no bugs, then earlier w/ bugs

sauron_the_deceiver
January 4, 2003, 7:35 pm
i think that 1.1.0 will end up being released near the 20th january..

DNA.styx
January 4, 2003, 7:42 pm
sauron, you better email Michal just to keep him updated [:P]

Mossy
January 4, 2003, 10:29 pm
yawn - the same thing seems to be repeated in alot of posts about v1.1.0

whateve - there isn't ever any "offial" news said very often here... eh oh well - it's still all good :)

sauron_the_deceiver
January 5, 2003, 9:06 pm
DNA: ahahahaha oh. i have forgotten how to laugh.
mossy: i know but it is all discussed at different times so we can keep the convos going.

Mossy
January 5, 2003, 9:16 pm
we are all very silly aren't we... lol

repeat- I can't wait for v1.1.0

sauron_the_deceiver
January 6, 2003, 7:05 pm
especially me! i am an avatar of sillyness!

Mossy
January 6, 2003, 7:17 pm
You should have the Eye of Sauron for your Avatar dude!

onehitwonder
January 7, 2003, 10:13 pm
The Soldat Website is back up

Thank God

You can apply to become a tester!!!!!!!

sauron_the_deceiver
January 8, 2003, 6:59 pm
mossy: ingenious! i never thought of it! but where? GOOGLE!
onehit: i aint applying! spoil the fun. and i would hate to see a buggy version of soldat!

Mossy
January 9, 2003, 3:28 am
:I'm not sure where you would find it... But I'm positive it's out there!!!

:yea, I'll just wait till the full version

sauron_the_deceiver
January 11, 2003, 9:29 pm
mossy: i had a look and they were all artists ideas, not the cool one from the film. but i have a website and an eye of sauron background. cuttin and pastin time!

NavySeal
January 15, 2003, 9:19 pm
is it possible to put in new skins?

Mr.Who
January 18, 2003, 11:05 pm
oh yeeeea new wersion i real great [:o)]