( search forums )
Soldat's developement
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Developers Corner
Thorn
September 3, 2003, 1:50 am
I'm sorry to ask this but is soldat an open project?

I am a developer and I would like to know if the creator of soldat is searching for help?
Where can I talk to him? (mail, icq, whatever..)

Thx.

R
September 3, 2003, 3:01 am
no...i extremely doubt that michal wants/needs help.

Dragon88
September 3, 2003, 3:17 am
I wonder if Michal would condone (or even tolerate) a sort of 'Experimental Soldat', in which some of us could create our own soldat from scratch for the purpose of testing all of these ideas everyone comes up with. The catch would be that it would use all of the offical soldat data files (anims, maps, scenery, etc.), which are copyrighted (even the formats). Michal, if you would please address this, because I would like to participate in a project of this sort.

Social Poison
September 3, 2003, 3:27 am
I think you'd have one hell of a time making an exact clone of soldat for testing purposes. And if you have questions regarding the copy right of the images, I'd e-mail him (it'd get to him faster than this thread).

Personally I don't think he will... I mean... he put a lot of work into this...

Instead of trying to copy Soldat exactly why not make your own 2D deathmatch game? ^_^

-----------

btw Soldat is not open source, and I'm pretty sure that question is answered in the FAQ on the main site (could be wrong though)

Dragon88
September 4, 2003, 3:14 am
Well, the thought HAS struck me... I think I will... *pulls up compiler, starts coding*

Just one question. Could I pull the vertex data from some of the .poa's? cuz I suck at modelling ;)

NightCabbage
September 10, 2003, 8:13 am
My advice would be to simply either make something yourself, or get someone else to make it for you.

That way you not only avoid any lega issues :P but it's also completely original.

DNA.styx
September 10, 2003, 8:42 am
quote:Originally posted by Thorn
Where can I talk to him? (mail, icq, whatever..)
Drop him an email: michalm@poczta.fm