( search forums )
Did anyone consider MAC OSX and Soldat ????
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Developers Corner
GodMode
October 5, 2003, 11:39 pm
Since this game is addictive and not very graphic demanding.. then why doesnt someone create it for the mac too.. ?

Spitzfiya
October 6, 2003, 12:33 am
Lmao

R
October 6, 2003, 12:37 am
no....because mac sux

NightCabbage
October 6, 2003, 12:41 am
yay for macs being complete crap! :P

Michal shouldn't 'waste' his time building an OSX version, not enough demand for it ^^

Hitman
October 6, 2003, 1:18 pm
Grrr, don't make me start about Mac's again...Mac's rule.

GodMode, if you want to play Windows games on a Mac then you have to get Virtual PC: http://www.apple.com/macosx/applications/virtualpc/

Spitzfiya
October 6, 2003, 3:20 pm
Ha ha Mac suxorz! I wonder if Mac users make the "switch" to PCs, more often than PC owners switching to MAC. he he he

I love Microsoft [:I]

Hitman
October 6, 2003, 5:18 pm
Ok, we answered his question, end of topic!

M
October 11, 2003, 8:05 am
Mac is good for creating stuffs but not for playing games. I worked on Mac alot of times when i was learning how to create stufs with Illustrators or with Photoshop.

b00stA
October 11, 2003, 8:00 pm
"They still make those?!"

lol.. second search result for http://www.google.de/search?q=%22they+still+make%22&hl=de
"They still make Apple Macs - don't they?"

Hmm weird.. ;)

pinace
February 14, 2004, 4:08 am
To mac bashers:
Enjoying your anti-virus software, daily windows security updates and crashes? [:P][:P]

But seriously, I would love to see an OS X version of soldat. I will pay many $$ for it. [:D]

Spitzfiya
February 14, 2004, 6:01 am
I dont have any "anti-virus" and im doing just fine.

palloco
February 14, 2004, 9:30 am
Had not you ever thougth this is impossible because Michal simply does not have a Mac

Alamo
February 14, 2004, 10:20 am
And: I guess DirectX would not work on Macs cuz it's made by Micro$oft isn't it?
Just a guess :)

Josh1l6
February 14, 2004, 6:53 pm
There should be a WineX for Macs. I heard MacOSX has alot of Windows emulation and compatibility stuff, because Microsoft is so stuck-up they won't make their own compatibility compromises with Mac.

Hitman
February 14, 2004, 6:58 pm
quote:To mac bashers:
Enjoying your anti-virus software, daily windows security updates and crashes?THANK YOU!!! Windows Sucks!!

kevith
February 14, 2004, 8:45 pm
I like Big Macs... you can get them like 2 for $2 on Tuesdays. If you were on a mac how would you use your jets? Isn't there only 1 button on the mouse?

Hitman
February 14, 2004, 11:30 pm
You can buy mice with two buttons, doofus.

palloco
February 14, 2004, 11:43 pm
" You can buy mice with two buttons, doofus."
Whoa they had finally evolved. Greetings

Angus Scrim
February 23, 2004, 2:42 am
Do you guys listen to yourselves? "Mac Sux... PC's rule" Get a life. Are none of you guys computer literate enough to understand why someone would choose a Mac over a PC, or vice versa. Unfortunately, I'm sure the vast majority of you know nothing more about computers beyond installing gaming software and name calling. I hoped I might actually get to correspond with some technology enthusiasts.You guys are sad. Feel free to respond with your pithy, sophmoric name calling. But do me a favor and run your reply through a spell-check before you post it.

Hova
February 23, 2004, 2:49 am
Angus, if you want a technical discussion, you wouldn't get it here. Macs do have their upsides; but as far as I know, Direct X is not for mac, and that wouldn't make Soldat on a Mac possible.

Angus Scrim
February 23, 2004, 5:36 am
Thanks for the succinct answer, Hova. At least I now know there's one other intelligent person in this forum.

Josh1l6
February 23, 2004, 5:38 am
Someone told me that MacOSX has something called Darwin that's a PC emulator. Hear ye, gods!

palloco
February 23, 2004, 9:25 am
ROFL Angus. The fact that you worry about how we write means that you are an old dude that is still playing games. Maybe a veteran of war, yes... because you are a closed mind person that only accepts the first thing you hear. Fight for the glory of USA! Mac are the best! In the world there are more languages appart from English, so do not ask us to spell things correctly... appart from the fact that most of the times we spell them wrong to reduce time writting.
Macs were good graphic stations time ago, but now there is practically no difference between Macs are PC, except the fact that Macs are much more expensive and that now Virtual PC does not work in them. Yep. Virtual PC does not work on G5. That is how Macs are improved.

ClanKwH
March 5, 2004, 2:56 pm
Microsoft sucks and that gay nerd fag to Bill gates i would like to put a friggin big stick up in his arse!

Deleted User
March 7, 2004, 10:17 am
nerds....honestly, somone lock this topic! spam!

The Professional
March 8, 2004, 9:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by Josh1l6
Someone told me that MacOSX has something called Darwin that's a PC emulator. Hear ye, gods!
Umm...no. Darwin is the kernel, based off of FreeBSD.

I think Michal should do a port to linux using Kylix. The code port should be doable, and use OpenGL instead of DirectX! If this is done, a port to MacOS X would be simple IMO, since linux is very similar to *bsd.

And to all the nay-sayers: MacOS X kicks. With the *BSD core things are really rocking on the Mac. Much more so from a programmer/network admin standpoint than on a Wintel box.

samthemon
March 9, 2004, 4:06 am
i'd like to say that the peopel wh osay macs suck don't know what they're talking about. i personally don't own a mac, or use one very often, but when I have, I find macs to be much more stable (considering macOS is built on UNIX, a ver ystable AND mature OS), and faster etc.

as far as DX goes, it's not on mac (i think), who cares? how do you think they wrote 3d modelling software and games on the mac? and the mac gui is pretty sexy, obviously there must be some sort of library written. OBVIOUSLY.

sAm!

palloco
March 9, 2004, 8:18 am
"I find macs to be much more stable and faster etc."

Me too, they are faster and more stable ... tahn my 386 with w95

Dragon88
March 10, 2004, 2:12 am
LOL 2 true.