( search forums )
So what's with this weapon modification program
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Silent-Thunder
February 21, 2004, 7:44 am
topic, what exactly is this thing, I'm thinking that there would be many problems assosciated with using it?

ekvetch
February 21, 2004, 7:51 am
Where would one acquire this program?

Josh1l6
February 21, 2004, 8:49 am
ekvetch, I think he's talking about the mod tool that's going to be released officially with the next version of Soldat to placate the Barret whiners (like me).

FroG-BoY
February 21, 2004, 8:57 am
Eh? Mod Tool? I didn't hear anything about a mod tool...

Josh1l6
February 21, 2004, 11:17 am
Mentioned casually here and here:
Post Beta Testing available for everyone!
Michal - My proposal.

Deleted User
February 21, 2004, 11:37 am
O.O

WOW...weapon mods! YAY!

FroG-BoY
February 21, 2004, 12:28 pm
Oh, I see it now... n00b servers where minigun gets 1 hit kill... wow... I want in!

kevith
February 21, 2004, 3:31 pm
Yeah... I have my doubts about how this will be good for Soldat. I hope I am proved wrong.

Deleted User
February 21, 2004, 5:09 pm
*sigh*

people will need the weapon mod to play on those n00b servers, if I understand correctly. Making server specific weapon stats would be the gheyest thing. It means people can just change the weapons and make a new version of soldat, like CS is to half life.

Deleted User
February 21, 2004, 6:04 pm
Omg i cant wait. When is the next version going to be out? :P

Deleted User
February 21, 2004, 7:05 pm
Lol, what I thought [:D]

peemonkey
February 21, 2004, 9:32 pm
hmh....it's february, so i'd say.....february? maybe like, 1-5 years though.
On Sublect: this is the end...... my only firend, the end......

starmonkey
February 21, 2004, 11:31 pm
Eh, it should only be able to be used in single player mode. Not online. Then it would be cool.

Icarius
February 22, 2004, 7:35 am
Well, it sure will stop the whinning. As for League / Ladder games.. well thats a differant story.

Josh1l6
February 22, 2004, 7:57 am
Hopefully formal servers like DNAGames will have normal weapon settings, except make the Barret inaccurate when the user is moving.

Michal Marcinkowski
February 22, 2004, 2:46 pm
I'm currently planning on doing the weapons editor. I will have to rebuild a part of the game code to make it work, so it may take some time. In order for it to work good, I think weapon mods should be portable. Each weapon would be in a separate file or directory. The server would pick a list of weapons (10 max + 4 secondaries). Players that would join the server would automaticly download the new weapons. Of course the servers list will be sorted with modded and unmodded games, so everyone will be happy, except me because I have a lot of work to do:).

arC
February 23, 2004, 10:14 am
Wow Michal, you always seem to amaze me with your kindness :)

Aquarius
February 23, 2004, 11:51 am
I love you Michal [:D] I have some suggestions about the editor, but I think I will send it by email.

Michal Marcinkowski
February 23, 2004, 7:21 pm
Suggestions ok. You can make it and send it to me also:)

Chakra
February 23, 2004, 7:29 pm
Will a change to the lobby be made to illustrate what mod is in use on what server? Will ASE be updated and able to see such info too?

Yin_Starrunner
February 23, 2004, 11:31 pm
I love this idea! More variety!

Huzzah!

Deleted User
February 23, 2004, 11:40 pm
I'd like to know how powerful the tool will be. I mean, will it be limited to, say, giving the MP5 less power and less drop, or will we be able to make full blown weapons? - say, you know how the Desert Eagles fire 2 bullets per fire, could you make a Duel Uzi which fired 2 bullets per fire too, with a clip of 15? Would we be able to insert Spas-12 style rules, with the unique reload, so we could create a list of just shotguns? Could we create knocback, rather like the Spas-12 and the minigun? Could we add handicaps to the weapons, like the LAW has to finish reload before firing it? Could we add explosive bullets to weapons, instead of just having the m79 and LAW being able to blow people to bits? Could we make more hand to hand weapons, like axes and saws? While I'm at it, could someone use the editor to make a full blown proper medievil mod, with guns that act how a crossbow should etc? Adding the rules of the Rambo bow to weapons? Could we apply new animations to weapons, like the Spas-12 has a pumping action? (I'm just listing ideas)

Also, could you add a new filter for unmodded servers in 1.2.1?

b00stA
February 24, 2004, 12:03 am
Stalky, the (unknown) release date has just been delayed by about 1 year D:

Deleted User
February 24, 2004, 7:26 pm
Lol, I hope not. I'd kill myself the day 1.2.1 took longer to develop than 1.1 and 1.2.

On the other hand, I'm a beta tester, yey me!