( search forums )
Enemy flag carrier
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Jack2
September 3, 2004, 10:58 am
My suggestion:

My suggestion whould be, that when your flag whould be captured, and you go and chase the enemy flag carrier and kill him you whould be rewarded with 2 frags instead of one. It whould be a nice reward when you have finally got the enemy flag carrier. You ONLY get 2 points of killing the flag carrier instead of returning your flag.

n/a
September 3, 2004, 11:09 am
Bleh, CTF is not about the amount of deaths, it's about capping more flags than your opponent. And as far as I know a team can't win on points in CTF.

Jack2
September 3, 2004, 11:44 am
wy then the cappers get points when they cap?! it whould be just nice that even the returners get points.

Capper=25p
Retriever=10p

i think the retrievers should get more points instead of 2p. 10p should be good.

peemonkey
September 3, 2004, 11:47 am
no. not needed, it's balanced already. plus there's just too many noobs that i can chase down for an easy 120 pot (non capping) per game. it's not about you, it's about your team.

Deleted User
September 3, 2004, 12:20 pm
i agree with peemonkey

MJPZX2
September 3, 2004, 2:03 pm
also if you get a 10 points for returning your flag whats to stop people shooting the flag out of their base then return shoot out return etc.
Or you mean you get 10 point when you kill the efc?
Either way i dont think its such a good idea.

BManx2000
September 3, 2004, 2:41 pm
This idea has already been discussed. Just make it so you don't get points unless AN ENEMY HAS TAKEN THE FLAG FIRST. OMG, so easy!

Jack2
September 3, 2004, 2:48 pm
I meant that and I wrote it in the topic in the start. The EFC must be killed to get 10 points, not the flag.

Deleted User
September 3, 2004, 3:08 pm
still doesnt like it

kevith
September 3, 2004, 3:41 pm
This has been dicussed before, but I don't give these links to say "Search next time before you post" but rather so that we don't have to go over the whole argument again and maybe to give you some points to think about on this suggestion. There are some good points made for and against the idea.

Points for Returning the Flag
Current Frag Distribution
Points for returning the flag